AC the same on NA 3.8 and SC?

johnny o

My AC doesn't work. I don't know why but it seems nothing at all happens when I put it on AC or MAX AC other then it blows warm air. I know of a 3.8 NA that I can grab parts off and the AC works so I am wondering if it's the same or not?

Johnny, most of the components, other than the evap. core, condenser, and maybe the compressor itself are different. Compressor clutch will be 6-rib pulley vs. 8-rib. The hoses and accumulator are not the same as NA 3.8.

cheers,
Ed N.

Compressor body different

Johnny
I have a perfect N/A 3.8 compressor that I bought one day at the wrecker - it was on a recent wreck which must have had the A/C revamped 3 months prior....
However it turns out that the compressor body is slightly different but not obvious and the bolt holes simply don't line up.
PR

Other then the pulley its pretty much the same compressor only upside down, if you can pull the dowel pins out and flip the compressor over and insert the dowel pins on the other side it will work. The 3.8 mustang compressor is the same as the 3.8NA t-bird compressor as well.

Back