PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic brake pads for stock 89 SC??

Shockwave
02-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Does anybody make a ceramic pad for a stock 89 SC front brake?

I will be doing brakes in the spring. I wont be buying Performance Friction Carbon metalic brakes beacuse of the dust although they worked really good on my 90 Cougar LS.

Any recommendations? I want QUIET brakes with no dust. High performance not that high on my list.

Jerry

TbirdSCFan
02-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Hey Jerry,

I used a semi metallic pad from Napa and haven't had any problems with dust or noise. The lifetime ones I bought for cheeeep from Azone though were dusty and lasted little more than a year :( The hassle/price ratio was too high for me, so I spent more bucks on a better pad with a lower hassle/price ratio and have been happy. I have no experience with the ceramic pads.

Shockwave
02-06-2004, 06:13 AM
Thanks Rick, I was just wanting to try some ceramics but I have only seen them for Mark VIII and 96-97 Sports. I figured by now maybe we can get some on the early cars.

TbirdSCFan
02-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Parts america has a listing for a set of Bosch front pads for $95. Its Bosch P/N RBC417, if that helps. Don't know if that for 1 wheel or both. Seems a bit pricey for just 1 pair of pads, and usually pads come as a complete set.

Here's the link:

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=bos&MfrPartNumber=RBC417&PartType=219&PTSet=A

scbird1
02-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I have put ceramic pad on all my birds front and back. You can get them from pep boys for $59.00 fronts and I forget what the rears went for but I think there cheaper. I hate wheel dust:mad: