Art Carr STREET / STRIP AOD Transmission

Shockwave

This quoted from supercoupeperformance.com:

"
Art Carr STREET / STRIP AOD Transmission
A COMPLETE brand new drop-in Transmission for the '89 to '93 Thunderbirds and Cougars. No core required.
Art Carr quality and reliability at an unbelievable price. This NEW AOD tranny is for those Thunderbird and Cougar owners who have engines that are still stock or have several bolt-ons.
Why have a local shop attempt to rebuild your transmission and screw it up when you can get a NEW High Performance Art Carr AOD for the same price. This transmission retains the factory lockup torque converter feature.

Includes the mechanical diode sprag, upgraded 2" OD band, 8-pack direct drum, their valve body shift improver for better fluid flow and firmer shifts, premium clutch packs, and all the other high performance goodies Art Carr is known and respected for."

$1450

These can't be NEW can they? There is no core like the stock rebuilds for $1399 that come with convertor. I like the fact that it comes with mechanical diode and 2" overdrive band. It doesn't say it comes with a A+ servo so I assume it comes with a A servo.

Anybody have any experience with Art Carr trans?

This will go in a stock SC so I want a stock stall. I am thinking about calling Art Carr directly and seeing what they can do for me. Looks a lot better than a Dominator Jr. since it comes with mechanical diode and 2" OD band . The sprag is what failed on the rebuild last time.

Jerry

Hi Jerry.
I put in an Art Carr trans a few years ago. This has the non-lock-up converter. Have had a small problem with it not going into first when cold. On mine you can't lock it in each gear, so I just ordered a Lentech valve body yesterday.
I got very good service from Art Carr.
Vidar.

Back