94 Sc Motor Problems Please Help!

T@Sound-Xtreme

I bought this 94 sc hoping i could fix it myself and like my 3.8na in my 93 this one is making noises and the timing is off, so see what you guys think and let me know what you think the noise is and how bad off my motor is, thanks

I GOT THE CLIP TO 3 MEGS NOW, PLEASE HELP ME!

YOU HAVE TO RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS TO YOUR HARD DRIVE THE FILE

http://members.cox.net/smitty1258/tbird94 009.mpg

also i was wondering if i can use the starter from my 93 3.8 n/a on my 94 sc?

tyler
Sound-Xtreme

It sounds like head gaskets to me. Im not sure what that squealing sound is. Why do you say the timing is off? Take the belts off and see if it still knocks. I still think its your hgs. What does the oil look like? If its milky they are bad.

i didnt personally check the iol myself, the shop did, although i will check it, the car will not run by itself, i have to keep constant pressure on the gas pedal, but the shop did think it was the hg and they checked the oil an dthe said it was fine, i will check though tonight, i was thinking: water pump, supercharger, flywheel, but i really have no idea.

Tyler
Sound-Xtreme

The first thing I would do is take a close look at the harmonic balancer! They are pretty weak on these cars, and that can throw the timning off.

That's the worst sounding motor I have ever heard. It hurt to listen to that. First thing you got to do is find that noise. Remove all accessory belts to eliminate the blower, water pump, alt, ac, and p/s pump. Next I would do a cold timing check. Pull number one spark plug and use a piston locator and rotate the engine by hand to TDC and determine actual timing. If the noise is internal it's time for a rebuild or a Ford rebuilt short or long block.

When did the noise occur did something snap and it started all at once?

Jerry

this probably aint gona help none but,i just put a new motor in my car over this,the starter was loosenig up and hittin the flywheel,sounded just like the bottom end of the motor was going out,tellin ya squelled and knocked consitently,anywai i would say if your head gaskets blew at all,you actually should notice somethin in your oil,or have water comin out your exhaust(badly).i wouldnt really understand why there would be bad noises comin from the motor over bad hgs,you would think that you would notice other problems with the way it ran before antifreeze got in the engine and ruined the lower end.could be wrong but to me its just kinda common sense talkin.

They make a tester for this. You just put it over the radiator (the fluid must be low) heat the car up and suck air through it. If the tester turns green then exhaust gasses are getting into the coolant. Im not sure which one it is that goes. I think its the back one on the pass side. A plug check will tell you if they are bad as well. THIS ONLY WORKS IF THE PLUGS HAVE BEEN IN FOR A WHILE...LIKE THOUSANDS OF MILES. Also check for a white ring where the collector meats the manifold. If there is a white ring on the manifold MORE THEN likely there is a leak. These last two have been proven to work for me. Not saying there is not an exception to the rule like some sort of wierd gas additive that does this in other parts of the country.

Tyler, I am leaning toward a spun bearing, most likely a rod bearing. I suggest you do not start it if avoidable and determine how much you are willing to spend to repair the car then go from there.

Paul

Back