help with sc blower in 95 mustang

scsimon

Hi,

I'm planning to put a sc blower in my 95 v6 stang. Have everything sorted out, though have a question about ECU.

I know that my stock ECU is will be no good once the supercharger is in place. What's the easiest way to solve this problem. Should i get a custom burned chip? If so, is it possible to do it without taking a car to a tune shop (i live on an island)? Will my stock ECU be drivable for some time till I get the right setup? Any info on this question would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

If you're car was already port injection, you shouldn't need a new EEC. Get an EEC Tuner or Tweecer if they support it. You'll need to change the injector size and scaling (stock scaling prolly goes to 90%-100% load and with the blower you'll see 140%-180%). You'll also need to richen the fuel tables and cut back on spark.

If you've never played with motors before, you have a better chance of blowing it up before figuring it out. I'd advise having someone either do a chip for you or at least tech you how the Tuners work.

Good luck,
Steve

Well a tuner or tweecer are the best ways to go. Most mail order chips simply wont work. I have a SC motor in my 94 stang and using the tuner. I wouldent even think about doing it any other way.

I agree a tuner is the way to go, unless you can find a reputable chip company that really knows these cars and such but having the SC motor with a stangs computer is another storey. SCT (jerry) would be able to do it, but mailorder will be tough, dyno tune is your #1 best option. Eec tuner is great if you know how to use it and know how to tune. I have the eec-tuner myself but BKB here does my tuning for me :D

Back