Heater intermittently blows cold air...

XsithX

SCCoA Member
It started doing this about a month ago. One of the FAQ's suggests topping off the coolant. I've done this (didnt really need it) and the problem persists. What do you think? Anything else I should try?

Also, I'm not sure if this is a related issue, but I've noticed that my temp gauge is a little "off." When warmed up for say 10 minutes (parked) the temp gauge reaches the "N" in "Norm," which is fine... But when I start driving the gauge will go back down to just above the "C" and eventually work its way back up to the "N." Thoughts?

Theres a bolt in a tube (Sometimes a mushroom looking thing)sticking up on the drivers side between the coil pack and the blower. When I flushed my coolant, I noticed the car only blew cold air. After loosening that bolt and pouring fluid into it the problems went away. Did the problem arise after you drained coolant? If so, you may have air in the lines.

Nope. Both problems just came out of nowhere. Right when the weather started to get really cold (sub 20 degrees F).

There are a few things that come to mind. First, t-stat can cause that when it goes bad, second do you have power pullys on the car because that slows the flow waaaaaaayyyy down, and third the heater core is clogged. More then likely you need a new t-stat.

Back