MAF Question?????????????

OzzManG149

I just bought a 95 Super Coupe Yesterday and it needs some work, I also submittied my payment for membership yesterday :D. Ive got an extra 02 GT MAF laying around thats brand new would it work on my SC with a chip burned for it, and would it be worth it? Also what kinda stuff comes with being a paid member just curious.. Thanks for any info you can give me..

Last edited:
MAF might work with a chip burned for it, and you have the sampling tube right for the injectors.

As far as membership....You get a number, and access to other parts of the forums, and, and, and, discounts from vendors. No more chargin thunder as of the moment.

For a stock GT MAF you would have to get a calibration curve for it and have the computer reprogramed (burnt) for that curve.

quick basic calculations say that the 94 SC computer is programed for a MAX of 216 lbs/hr (6x36lb/hr) and the 02 GT is calibrated for a MAX of 192 lb/hr (8x24lb/hr) of fuel.

But without knowing the exact MAF curve, which I couldnt' even guess at, it's a crap shoot. So you would have to get some rather exact flow curves and have the computer programed really well. IMHO it isn't worth the 180 bucks a new MAF for the SC is worth. Just my opinion though.

Back