Exhaust system

ajax_sc

I'm looking into purchasing a larger exhaust system, preferrably 2.5 in. pipes. If anyone has any recommendations on any brands that I should look into that sell exhaust systems for less than $500 but keep a throaty sound to the car. Also, if anyone has an estimate on the upgraded performance of the car as a result of a 2.5 in. exhaust system would be very nice.

Welcome Ajax.
I got my 2.5 exhaust system from Bill at www.supercoupeperformance.com
I spent more than what you are planning on, but I bought the hi-flow cats as well. Goto their web site and look at exhaust systems. Been really happy with mine and it is quiet but very throaty. Get a resonator! He has some motivational photos...:D

Is there anybody else who sells cheaper 2.5 in. exhaust systems. I'm not looking for something top of the line, only something that will give me a little more perfomace for under $500

Ajax - I'd recommend the Flowmaster Force 11 system which has a 2.5" center pipe and 2.25" mufflers. You can get it from people like Summit Racing as well as SCP. Plan on buying the cat-back kit for about $280, plus you'll also need their corresponding resonator for about $115. It fis like a glove and very easy to install, just cut the stock downpipes off. All the clamps & hangers are included. Sounds a little deeper than stock and should be good for modest mods, say up to 275-300 hp. I've had them on both my '93 - 5 speed and '94 auto. They last about 5 years or so. Only drawback is you can't just buy replacement mufflers - you have to buy the rear kit (2 mufflers, rear Y pipe & center pipe). Also tried to skip installing the resonator, but it's way to loud inside the car.
Good luck.

I just got that system. Summit has free shipping on it. I'm gonna have it hooked up to t-bird 88 down tubes with no cats and ported manifolds. Wonder how that will sound.

I just put the SCP 2.25" downpipes (with high-flow cats) on my stock '94 manifolds, with the Flowmaster Force 2 and it's pleasantly louder - like a Mustang with American Thunder mufflers.

Back