wont start

95scred

ok tonite i was leaving work and i went ot get in my car, and when i turned the key i got nothing , everything lit up, and the battery is brand new, i think its the started because this happened once before, and ill i did was tap on the starter and it started up, but this time it didnt go, and its too cold tonight to fight with it so i got a ride home, and im gunna mess with it tomorrow, do anyone have any idea what i should do, or try to do ?

If you tapped the starter last time and do it again this time and it works...you need a new starter. Buy a good one or have the old one rebuilt. I dont trust parts stroes for electronics. In one day I ran Oriellys out of starters for a Ranger. Guess what. My time is worth more then swapping out 6 starters. Not to mention the P I T A factor. Take a buddy and a test light. If you got power its the starter.

It does sound like the starter.
But I would suggest getting a remanufactured one. Ive never heard of "Oriellys" But here we have Autozone,Advance auto, napa, carquest and more.

Some offer Limited Lifetime warrantys with the reman starters. Most of it is new.

ok i got it, it turns out the fuse for the alam had follen out , and i have to unlock the doors to be able to start the car, and it was too dark last night to see. it was an eay fix cuz the fuse was on the floor mat, but i dont know what i would have done if it was it was blown and i was stuck someplace where i couldnt have gotten a ride last nite

I thought they were a national chain. They are the same thing as Auto Zone or Advanced. ANY place like this is second place to factory stuff and is actually still not as good as having a specialty shop rebuild your old stuff. I would still look at gettin a new starter and being proactive on that 95scred. How long ago did it dick up on you?

it was back in july when i first got the car, i pulled into a convience store and when i left if wouldnt start so i called my father for a jump and it wouldnt start. so i got under the car and banged on the starter and it went

Back