To 35th owners.....

tbirdsc35th

I just wanted to mention to any and all 35th owners out there that the Registry is for keeping track of the cars and mods. It does not diminish the importance of registering your 35th with the Registry if it's modified in any way. An owner emailed me thinking that I might have deleted him from the Registry because he has changed engines and other things. Nothing could be further from the truth, rest assured. The 35th Anniversary Thunderbirds, as with all SCs, were meant to be driven and enjoyed. Personally, I have changed the taillights and wheels to my liking on mine so if any 35th owner has a car that is or may soon be modified, like engine change or paint or any non original change, it is just as important to have it registered for history and posterity. Many may feel that the 35ths are not worth much. In true dollars, this may be true for some however let me remind you of Mustang muscle cars in the past. In 1979 I purchased an original 70 Boss 302 from the first owner for $5000. I kept it until 2001 when I sold it for $30000. Who knows what the future holds for anything. Just keep in mind that ALL 35ths are welcome to register regardless of their condition or level of originality. I LOVE EM ALL. :) The only information I make public on the members pages is what the owner allows me to. Everything else in my private database, in hard copy and digital information, and will not be released to anyone without express permission by that owner. I just thought it would be helpful if this is more widely known than it apparently is. Thanks, all

My best to everyone.

Last edited:
Lance, I think what you are doing with the registry is great! I still need the register my 35th and give you the VIN of my recked one from a few years ago (I hope I still have the VIN # somewhere).

Also, this is alittle off topic, but Lance have you found out any more info on where 35th owners can get their seats done at?

Thanks!
Shane

Last edited:
Out today

Had mine out today , nice sunny cool day , will part with it when I die ! Modified or not !

Lance is doing a great job there. This post reminds me of somethings I need to update on there also. I also bought some parts from a guy in Oklahoma parting out a 35th and I pulled the tag so Lance could record it.

My 35th is my daily driver. It's basically stock with a couple of minor mods and runs great, looks great. I keep a sheepskin on the drivers seat to protect it and I'll get the AOD redone later this year.

I appreciate the support. I still feel I am just a glorified librarian. :) However, the Registry seems to have performed a worthwhile function for many so I won't argue the point. Just want folks to understand that the Registry isn't a car club and all 35th's are welcome regardless of their condition.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Back