Cracking noise in steering.

thundercougar

One night when I was driving around, I hit a pothole, and then a squeeking/squeeling noise was coming from the front driverside wheel. I got kinda pi$$ed off cause once I get everything fixed, something else breaks.

I hear it everytime I turn the wheel, I think its some bearing in it, but Im not sure what its called, my buddy said it was a bearing that commonly goes out, He said the name of it and gave me the avg cost of it "$26, But I cant remember what it was called.

Do you guys know what it is and how hard it is to replace?

Thanks in advance.

does it also make the noise when you bounce up and down on the front of the car? or only when you turn the wheel, if it does then it is probably the ball joint, it's not to hard to replace if you got the right tools, hope this helps.:)

Is it a cracking noise or a creaking noise? If its creaking turn the wheel to the side with the noise. Crawl under that bad boy and grab the part that is called the tierod end. It goes from the rack (the cylinder silver tube with long rubber boots that is the farthest forward and under the engine) to the front of the wheel. Twist it. If it creaks you need tie rod ends.

THanks for the info guys, It was a ball joint. Im still looking for the upgrade part for it.

I was gonna freak out if it was something in the r&p, cause that is one thing that I didnt know anything about.

Back