*power steering pump removal/installation*

Tony8470

Ok I have exhausted my searching again, after a week of looking I can't find anything on tricks to getting the power steering pump replaced. This is the gist of what I have got so far.

1. Remove IC tube and IC
2. Remove alternator/pump bracket
This is where it's tricky, do I remove the pump connections before removing the assembly? Should I remove the washer reservior? Is it even necessary to remove the bracket?

I really hate working on this engine. Just got done with a tranny swap, and everyone is making fun of me for not being able to do a simple steering pump relplacement:eek: :eek:

You will need to remove the uper I/C tube and I/C.
Pull the pulley off the pump
Loosen the PS pump mounting bolts.
Unbolt the pump bracket
Remove the pump from the bracket
Remove the lines from the pump

I don't think I forgot anything...Its early:)

Ok I have the pump ready to come out, after taking some stuff that didnt need taken off, but its ok. But the hoses wont come off.
The return line is being stubborn, I have a little room to pull with it, do you think I could just cut it off the pump and put the new end on the new pump? Also, anyone know offhand (hopefully) the bolt size on the high pressure line connection? I'm thinking it's 18mm. Its a real tight squeeze to try to get to that bolt through the bend of the line, I'm just worried my dumb self will break the bolt loose and bend/pinch the line.

wow play by play action here eh? Well I'm ready to get the new pump but this Cardone 207246 one that says it has the reservoir and is for the EVO system on our cars. Apparently its one of the only power steering pupms out there.

Does that mean it comes with the actuator or do I have to take it off my old pump......really dont want to do this.

You will have to remove the sensor from your old pump. At least that is what I had to do when I replaced the pump on mine.

Back