PDA

View Full Version : 16psi Baby!!!

forcefed95sc
02-09-2004, 02:23 PM
I have finally gotten through the break in period on the HG rebuild. I hammered on it today from a stop at the toll booth, and what do you know, I hit 15psi on the gauge, but it reads one pound off. Holy crap! Running old style blower with home porting done by Vernon, 1" raised top, and Tbird88 gaskets. I need to get my autometer boost gauge hooked up for a more definate reading.
Just thought I would let you guys know.

Rob Noth
02-09-2004, 03:44 PM
More boost isn't necessarily a good thing with this type of blower. What is your exhaust system like? Do you still have any stock parts in the exhaust, like cats, resonator, etc? If so you would get better performance (and longer head gasket life) by improving the exhaust and lowering that maximum boost level.

forcefed95sc
02-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Exhaust is stock, except for the mufflers, looks like some cheap a$$ crap there. That is the next upgrade.

aplvlydrtybird
02-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by forcefed95sc
Exhaust is stock, except for the mufflers, looks like some cheap a$$ crap there. That is the next upgrade.

well keep the pedal to the floor, and you can put some new headgaskets on again...you need to free up the exhaust man

SilverCasket
02-10-2004, 01:51 AM
.... That high boost isn't from so much power that your heads can't push it out fast enough. .. It's from backpressure due to stock exhaust.

Dump the pressure & you'll releive the HG's.

Anthony

forcefed95sc
02-11-2004, 07:43 PM
thinking of having the resonator removed for now, then start getting the custom exhaust done.

lessonintorque
02-11-2004, 09:18 PM
you will kill your car quick!! lower the psi untill you get headers and exaust, your bird will thank you.

forcefed95sc
02-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I don't drive it hard. I am mostly not even getting into boost. True about killing the HG's really fast, I do believe that.
I forgot to mention, I also have a 10% overdrive pulley on the sc. I am going to put the stock one back on for now also.