Hazz/Flash STILL not working...help.

NorthrnSCownr

I replaced the hazzard flasher relay(finnally found it), and still have no reaction from either the flashers or hazzard lights. The fuse are fine. What could this be?
They were working fine, until one day I went to use the turn signal and got no reaction....even with the brand new relay from FORD, I get no clicking etc....
HELP!?
Tom

Is your multi-function switch[wiper switch] ok? They often fail....plus,be sure all of the turn signal bulbs are good.You said that you got the Denso made turn signal/hazard relay from Ford so that shouldn't be the problem.
z

The relay was a MOTORCRAFT made switch that was from FORD... the exact one that I swapped out.... Were is the wiper switch found? How do I check it?
Thanks,
Tom

Do your lights come on or is it like it has no power? Might be the ignition switch, multifuntion switch or look at the fuse closly. Make sure it has no burn marks on the paddles. The fuse boxes some times get a bad connection and dont make contact with the fuse.

My guess is that it is the multi function switch.
I get no power at all. In my 90 when the bulb was bad, I got a fast clicking. In my 95 this time, even after I replaced the relay, there is NO power/clicking/blinking etc.
Advanced auto has a multi function switch in stock for $46.00... I'll throw it in tomorrow... Ill let you know.
Thank you for the assistance.
Tom

First check and see if your brake lights work.
If you brake lights work then you have wire break from
fuse terminal to the hazard light switch.
If brake lights do not work then check fuse.Start simple,
if fuse is good,then pull fuse for HAZRD/BRK fuse and
check if you have voltage at one of the female terminals.
If no voltage then you have a wire break from the positive
terminal post to the fuse box.

Having the same problem right now.Repaired the clutch pedal
and now my brake lights and hazards will not work.I think when my hands were in there fixing one problem i created another.
With electrical problems start at one point and work your way
back.Good luck

same

i am having the same prob i check the fuse it good there is voltage there so its got to be the switch? and my heater wont work eighter any help

Back