Fixed my idle problem..hope it helps someone else.

1fastscinpa

Ok last night I figured out why my SC has been acting up. Below I will list both the problem and then the culprit.

PROBLEM: Car started to flash the check engine upon starting, no matter if it was cold or hot. The car would sometimes die after the C/E light flashed. Occassionally I would get C/E flashing 3 times and then it would idle at 1500 for about 20 to 30 seconds before going back down. The when running would run like crap one minute, then start running like it should.

CULPRIT: Put the computer on the car to see if it had any error codes listed. There was no codes present and it returned a 111. Then I went into data mode which shows various sensor readings on the car. Well upon starting the car, bank 1 O2 sensor show 1216 mv steady, while the bank O2 sensor showed anywhere from 70's to 800's...like it should. Once in a while the O2 sensor on bank 1 would operate like normal, but then it would go back to 1216...which would make it run richer than bill gates. The sensor was a POS napa unit I had just gotten about 3 months ago, got a new ford one today, installed it and she runs like a champ. Figured this may help some people keep from losing more hair than they need to..lol...Hopes this helps someone out.

Back