PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen returns?????

ThunderDave
02-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Are there any big Van Halen fans on here as big as I am? One of our local radio DJ's reported talking to a friend of his that works at Warner Bros. Records and was told that Sammy is back with the band and that they are working on a new CD. Eddie is still battling his cancer and this will be the last Van Halen CD they do. They weren't happy with the way the split between Sammy and the band went and didn't won't there last CD with Gary Cherone to be their last (can you blame them, it was lame). So they are going to do one more with Sammy. Has anyone else heard any news like this?

David

mannysc
02-11-2004, 03:43 PM
van hagar sucks van halen ala roth rules!!!

cougarsc
02-11-2004, 03:44 PM
I am.

The next album is Best of Volume 2 with 4 new tracks.

Check out vhforums.com

Rob Noth
02-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Gotta agree with Manny here. I have nothing against Sammy, but Van Halen just isn't Van Halen without Diamond Dave.

Darkside
02-11-2004, 07:10 PM
No, no, no. If you look at the song quality of the songs done with Roth and the songs done with Hagar, there is no comparison. Van Hagar is much, much, better. With Roth they did songs like, Ice Cream Man, Pretty Woman, California Girls, Hot For Teacher, and many other SILLY tunes. The songwriting with Hagar on board is much better. Then again, I never really cared for Van Halen anyways so my opinions probably aren't worth much. But back on topic, I did hear Hagar is back. Now, if Megadeth would just come back.................:D

stocker 89
02-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Thats cool but to be honest I don't think Eddie can play any more like he used to this will be just another case of mean wise magic. Change hey nothing stays the same unchained when your here they come running. Theres a fire in the hole . I like it all.

VicRattlehead
02-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Darkside
No, no, no. If you look at the song quality of the songs done with Roth and the songs done with Hagar, there is no comparison. Van Hagar is much, much, better. With Roth they did songs like, Ice Cream Man, Pretty Woman, California Girls, Hot For Teacher, and many other SILLY tunes. The songwriting with Hagar on board is much better. Then again, I never really cared for Van Halen anyways so my opinions probably aren't worth much. But back on topic, I did hear Hagar is back. Now, if Megadeth would just come back.................:D

Droogies!

Today was a very busy day.

I had my management come in from LA and we talked about the
new MEGADETH record,
about contests to bring people into the studio to hang with me and hear the new MEGADETH record, and about what should happen in the event that I was going to play live again, IF I play live again . . . as MEGADETH

I sang a few happy songs and played a bunch of solos too.

We determined that we are going to start mixing this record somewhere around the middle of March/beginning of April. Again, the time factor is based on Jeff Balding squeezing this session into his previously booked schedule. This worked out great for me because I always wanted to get some prespective in-between and away from the sessions but never had the opportunity.

And please remember that even though there are some silly people here, I still love you all. You all gave me this wonderful life and I hope to make you very happy again with what I am working on real soon.

Lastly, if you live in Europe, the UK, or possibly down in South America, there is a very slight, teensy, remote possibility you will hanging out with me this summer.

MSGD!

and also,

Droogies!

Another productive day in studioland.

A little housecleaning around here and a lot of singing, and guitar work today. I haved asked our beloved systemlords to remind people if yer bitchin' to move the thread to the bitch board (that is why it is there).

Also, in the spirit of goodsportsmanship, if you are crossing the line here with what the rules are for the boards, you will receive a friendly reminder. This is just in case someone has baited you (or me) into responding to something not tolerated here.

I have to leave early tonight, but we are working 10-10 M-F tracking and 10-10 M-S remixing, so it won't be too much longer until this thing winds down.

Things took a leap for the better on many fronts today. I got to talk to two of my system lords; my good friend Acryl, and Mustainelover. We had a little chit-chat and it was cool to be able to talk to them.

Hell, who knows who'll call next.

MSGD!

VicRattlehead
02-11-2004, 09:13 PM
click here for new --->}v{egadet}{ (http://megadeth.com/btu/pop.html)

JSC
02-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Van Halen with Dave = Kick azz obnoxious party band

Van Halen with Sammy = MOR commercial rock band

DLR please........

ThunderDave
02-12-2004, 05:15 AM
I'll admit that I grew up with Van Halen (Roth) which was a more raw rock and roll party band. Then along came Van Halen (Hagar) a more refined rock and roll. I enjoy both and have been in withdraw since Sammy left. Any VH is better than no VH, except with Cherone, what a mistake that was. Oh, Fire In The Hole and Without You were good, but that's it. I've got Van Halen: Right Here Right Now, their live CD and it kicks a**!!!!

I can't wait to hear new stuff.

David

96sport
02-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Roth was over the top. :) I grew up on Panama, Hot for Teacher, California girls, and Beautiful girls. That was great stuff. One album with Sammy that was real good was "for unlawful carnal knowledge" or F---. Now that's a good acronym. I like Van Halen, but I will probably stick with listening to their older stuff.

Russell