PDA

View Full Version : bolts

Tbird1712
02-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know where you can get a detail of the size bolts and where they go on the engine? For example the bracket for the alternator and P/S pump. what size are the bolts and what bolt goes where?
Does anyone know what the size of the threaded hole in the passanger side manifold , the one that has the flex hose that runs up to the EGR , I think its a EGR.......I am going to plug it since I put the MP inlet on the car...thanks

RandenSC
01-12-2005, 12:37 PM
anyone help you with this. i need bolts sizes too, did you ever find out? let me know
thanks

fastsc92
01-12-2005, 12:47 PM
the bolts that go into the block are 10mm x 1.50 i believe. Not sure how long. Some are bolts, some are studs. All the bolts for the brackets get attached to the heads themselves. There is one bolt on the pass side head that is a smaller thread than the rest.

If i remember right....there are 2 bolts and 1 stud on the drivers side head. These are all the same length and are 10mm x 1.50. On the pass side head there is 4 bolts that holds the bracket on. 1 is a stud, and 2 are bolts, and 1 is a smaller thread. I think the lengths are all different of this side.

The bolts that hold the manifold to the head are 8mm x 1.25 as are most small bolts on this car.

I hope this helped some....i'm 90% sure i'm correct on the subject.

RandenSC
01-12-2005, 02:05 PM
thanks a lot, i'll try those, are the sized in the shop manual? I'v got a shop manual for a 91. and will i be able to jjust go to the bolt bin at NAPA and get them?