V6FC3 website up and running guys!

V6Sprout

This is my first attempt at webpage building so its not the greatest but I am happy with the results so far. Let me know what ya think.

www.v6fordchallenge.com

I still need to do many updates to it, but atleast its up and running, updates will follow soon, check out the pics from last years race as well. I may add more pics yet!

Jamie,

Nice job so far!!! Looks 10x better than my site anyway.

What are the dates this year?

I see you moved the event south of the boarder...?!?

We have the date set for Sun May 30th for the race and Sat May 29th is a day full of other events, like tours of Livernois Motorsports who has some v6 stuff they are working on, plus dyno tuning, dyno runs, and a BBQ. The car show is most likely going to be on the Saturday as well to save time on Sunday.

We are just working on getting confirmation from the track that Sunday is OK, there is a major event on Sat adn Mon but so far nothing but test adn tune on the Sunday. During our event we woudl have sole use of hte track and during the rest of the day it will be test andtune, basically when we run our heats no one can use the track but us.

Really looking forward to this, hopefully I'll be able to go if everything stops going wrong with the swap.. :(

Damn. I'll never make this event at this rate.

Not only are we dealing with the usual pre-Carlisle weekend, but now the event has moved south of the boarder!!!

I guess the gang not going to Carlise may make this trip?!

I am in no way going to tell you not to go to Carlisle Bill, I have no right to adn never will. But I just want to let everyone know the real purpose of this event. It is to promote the V6 and to stir up some interest in aftermarket companies to show them we need an aftermarket following, we have the guys who are modifying their cars and there is interest in parts. We also want to show that we can make power and that the V6 is not just a small motor when it comes to hotrods and muscle cars.

SO you have to ask yourself, whats more important? a car show or help promoting the V6?:D

Don't get me wrong, I am not putting anyone down for deciding to go to Carlisle, that is not my intent, I feel bad this event falls so close to carlisle, as I woudl also like to attend carlisle to see what all the hype is about with this event. I have to plan this event around many other car group events not to mention FFW adn NMRA events, and World Ford Challenge.

Milan Dragway is about the same distance away as Carlisle for you guys, as a side note. about 5hours. We will also be getting hotel info and discounts if we can, but from what I hear the rates are really reasonable near the track. We also have a full day of activities planned for the day before the event.

We hope to see some of you guys out this year, but no hard feeling if we do not. We moved the event to the US due to relations with St. Thomas, and Milan Dragway seems to be in the best interest of the race as far as race attenders goes, moving to Cayuga would really limit our US racers, and Milan is not much farther for the Canadian guys, heck its 5 hours for me too.

Anyways it up to you guys, and as I said I hope some of you can make it!!!! One day I AM GOING TO CARLISLE DAMMIT!!!!!:D

new update, race info was added. Dyno tuning sessions will be held on Saturday if anyone is interested, we need a certain amount of cars to register adn send a deposit in order to get the tuner to come, so the sign up sheet will be going up soon.

Livernois has their own tuners, which are top notch, they deal in Diablo and Autologic, but we are working on getting SCT to come out. SCT is tuned by Jerry, the same guy who does FORDCHIP tunes, but Jerry may not be the actual guy coming, although his lives local to the track we are using. Justin who is a member of our V6 Mustang site will be coming(maybe Jerry as well but not sure) Justin is trained by Jerry himself and very good. Justin runs high 11's in his own custom twin turbo V6 mustang so he knows what he is doing.

We need a certain number of cars to sign up and send in deposits in oprder to make it worthwhile for Justin to make the trip so the sign up list will be going up as soon as I find out pricing and stuff, I hope to get my car tuned as well, if money allows.

We will also have dyno competitions,so thats something to look forward to as well. :)

Jamie, the site looks great, but there is one error I feel I should point out. In the photo section, you have me as the fastest in the SC class, howerever, James and I both broke out of our brackets and he ran a faster time that day. I got the second place trophy.

After meeting him at the Challenge, and hanging out with him in Carlisle, I found James to be a really nice guy and I don't want to cheat him out of that recognition.

Although I attended both last year, due to mainly financial reasons, I'm afraid I will not be attending either one of these events this year. I hope you have a great turn out, and hopefully next year, I will be able to get back to at least one of these events, if not both.

Kendra.

Ahh thanks kendra, I was going from Memory, I haven't looked at the actual results sheets :) I'll get that fixed ASAP. Thanks!

Too bad you can't amke it this year, but we look forward to seeing you agian the the future.

We have 3 signed up to the race so far, a new entry came in today in the name of Dave Dalke racing in the heads up class:D

Back