PDA

View Full Version : Differential bushings?

quick35th
02-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Am I correct when I say that the diff housing is the same on the SC and the 99-up Mustang Cobra? I am pretty sure that they are the same but I thought I would make sure before I ask my question.

My question is I was flipping threw the pages of 5.0 and I say in the speed lust section that kennybrown is offering aluminum differential bushings for 99-04 cobras and 00 cobra R models. They retail for $69. Would the aluminum be better than the poly bushings that MN12 performance offers and would they work on our cars?

Thanks!
Shane

acb92sc
02-13-2004, 06:30 PM
The pumpkins/ bushings are interchangable, but as far as the benefits of the aluminum im not sure. i bought the poly ones and am very impressed--- any improvement over the beat factory ones is good, though.

RichM
02-13-2004, 06:50 PM
The aluminum ones would transmit a lot of vibration to the cab. But, if you building a high hp SC they could be benifical keeping all the angles correct. I have the poly bushings in a stock application and didn't notice any harshness. It's up to you, and 69 bucks does sound nice.

quick35th
02-13-2004, 08:19 PM
I was going to order them today, but kennybrown is out of them, and so they told me that they would call me when they get them back in.

Shane