Dash lights come on when braking hard

Guy Montaquila

Hi Everyone,
When I brake hard, the antilock brakes and parking brake lights come on in the dash. Can anyone explain this one? I appreciate any help.
Guy

Sure.. your ABS accumulator is dying. The topic is discussed a bunch of times, so if you do a search on "ABS accumulator", you should see a lot of related threads.

If you want to take my word for it, you can just go ahead and order a new one from prior remanfacturing, or Ford. I have the Ford part. You should be sure to remove it and measure the fitting length first. Be sure to do a search on how to go about that; it can be dangerous if not done right.

Here's the Ford P/N:
ABS Accumulator
P/N E8OY-2C231-A (nipple length= (15.25-15.75)mm (.600-.620)in)
P/N E8OY-2C231-B (nipple length= (11.90-12.10)mm (.476-.469)in)

And I'd recommend 5star ford in arizona. They have good prices and I've had success with them. http://www.fivestarford.com/index.asp

Prior's site: www.priorreman.com you'll have to call and inquire. Their accumulator has the shorter fitting and as such can be used for either size.

Good luck :)

I looked into buying the part from Ford and it costs around $230, and I called Prior Rem. and they charge like $110. Of course I want to go with the least expensive, but I also found out that the accumulator from Prior does not have a hex for tightened. Has anyone had any issues with this? TbirdSCFan mentions in the reply that there are 2 P/Ns, but Ford only gives me one. I would just like some clarification. Thanks.

Back