HID bulbs

i think so...

Yeah, i think those should work because of the Silver Star lights i was looking at has the same four digiti number "9005" on the package... and the "9005" is for the Birds...

Frigid

I'd personally recommend MTEC's if you can find em in the 9005 9006

I have them in 9007 and they're great.

lights

I have the ARC, and got the 9006. High/Low beams, for $15 at Wal-Mart. Don't know if the price was wrong, but that is what I paid for them. Just got them in, and what a difference.

It should be noted that the current draw for those bulbs is listed at 85 watts, which exceeds the limit of our wiring. Even if they do not draw more than listed, it would be necessary to upgrade the wiring harness for our headlights to prevent meltdown or a possible fire hazard.

not to mention that wiring harness is around $100. It would be safer and cheaper just to get some silverstars, they can be had pretty cheap with the discounts floating around.

Brandon

1994 5-speed

In addition to the SilverStars the Sylvania Xtravisions also have excellent output.

They are very close (perhaps better) to the SilverStars which I have now used in several vehicles, and can be found for around 15 dollars a bulb about anywhere.

Also, most major brands make an equivalent to the Xtravision, making it even more widespread. GE's can be found at WalMart in a reddish box.

Hello

Hello,
Are you guys looking for true HID or just the bulbs that are brighter and whiter?
Just some info on true HID.
Basic Facts
There are three primary types of HID lamps: metal halide, sodium, and mercury vapor. HID technology is very similar to fluorescent technology: an arc is established between two electrodes in a gas filled tube which causes a metallic vapor to produce radiant energy. The major difference is that HID lamps can produce visible light without any phosphors. In addition, the electrodes are only a few inches apart and the gases in the tube are highly pressurized. The arc acquires an extremely high temperature, causing metallic elements within the gas atmosphere to vaporize and release massive amounts of radiant energy
What type of ballast are you going to use?
What type of ballast do you have?
A ballast is required in order to operate the HID lamp. Unlike fluorescent lamps, the ballast must be specifically designed for the lamp type and wattage being used.
I have always liked the HID look but the conversion is very expensive.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Back