door ground effect- help

SDbird

does anybody know how to remove the gfx on the bottom of the doors? i see 2 nuts holding the bottom of the spoiler. is the top held in by a metal strip like the rest of the side gfx? thanks

Remove the 2 nuts. Then take a small standard screwdriver and gently and carefully pry up along the bottom of the piece. It will pop off, and you will see the seperate clamps still hooked to the door, which will also pull off if needed.

Thomas

can i use my hands to lift it & pop it off? i dont want to mark the finish below it. <car is being repainted>. are the clamps that hold the top are they metal or plastic? thanks

I'm not sure if you will have enough leverage with your hands. You can sure try. By lifting up from the bottom, it will relaease them from the clamps. A small standard scewdriver wrapped in a soft cloth should work pretty well. Once it pops free it just falls right off.

Thomas

He's talking about the piece thats still in place on the door in pics you linked to.
That piece of trim is made from thin Aluminum so be gentle with it.
A screwdriver wrapped in cloth or tape works just fine for removing it, just take your time with it.

Back