200 + kph and wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercsSC

Got some hwy miles.. on the SC the last 2 weeks ...driving to Woodstock for work ..she crusies nice at 130-140 klm ..so yesterday on the way home ...it was 180 + kph.. playing pole position ..15 min. run on the 401 from Woodstock to London into the wind.. and I mean wind ..and she wouldn't hold overdrive ... over 200 kph ... no matter how hard I tryed ...to feather the thottle in od ..hold for abit behind traffic ...but once clear .. pushing the air .. back to drive ..looking at tack ..reaching for 6 grand ... :eek: holds OD no problem ..when driving normal .. you think wind pressure [load] would do this ?
as for boost .. never seen so much boost .. normal about 12 pounds ..but at 200 kph was pushing nearly 15 psi ...sure felt nice to clean the carbon out of her ...dave

yesterday was rediculous, I burned about $15 of gas driving 125km into the windthe whole way.

You could just feel the load on the truck as I hauled down the 401.

It would seem

I was down a liter of fluid ...have to fix that pan gasket .. with a 5 speed ..dave

Because I've owned 2 SC's before this, I've been around this board longer than you, and I know more about these cars than you probably ever will.

Finally to make matters worse, if you want to be a dick about this I'll embarass your asss at the track any day.

Birdman93 said:
Why is there a picture of a ###### Daimler/Chrysler product on a Ford forum??? :D

We could also ask why is a guy from Iowa posting on the Ontario chapter forum ?? :p

That's OK, we know you'll be here soon to buy that 35th ...

And Sabby's OK to hang around here, even if he is driving an old Fargo truck now. ;)

cheers,
Ed N.

Kiss my ###-I was joking-not being serious-denoted by the smiley face at the end of the post

Jeez, what a bunch of anal-retentive pricks!

BTW, Ed-I ended up not buying the 35th because the car was presented to me as being in "good" condition-I have a friend who inspected the car and found so many defects that I would pay about 6-8k to bring her back to proper condition.

So I've stuck with the original plans for the 93-you'll see it in 05 when I come up to visit the SOTC club.

Sorry to hear that the car was in such poor shape, Tony.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up when you make the trip next year.

And yes, Sabby should lighten up a bit, I think as well that he didn't see your smiley face, or maybe he's just having a bad day. ;)

cheers,
Ed N.

Phucking thread

high jackers :D :) :D :) ;) :cool: :p :D :) :D :cool: :p ....dave

ps: everybody that owns a SC ..better know someone with a truck...and the faster the better.. got to get those slicks to the drag :D

yeah, maybe I replied a little too seriously to that, but I just don't think its funny by any means. Do you see me bashing other peoples vehicles? I wouldn't do that as I respect others.

Birdman93 said:
BTW, Ed-I ended up not buying the 35th because the car was presented to me as being in "good" condition-I have a friend who inspected the car and found so many defects that I would pay about 6-8k to bring her back to proper condition.

So I've stuck with the original plans for the 93-you'll see it in 05 when I come up to visit the SOTC club.

The car was $2000cdn not $7500. The car was explained to you as it was. You expected some kinda mint car for that price. You were told the KM's on the vehicle, and the condition. After dicking us around for 2 weeks to come see the car, and us loosing out on a serious buyer who wanted the car. I wouldn't consider the car to have so many defects for the price.

-Sam.

I can see this thread going nowhere but downhill in a hurry, so it's getting the lock now, rather than later. ;)

thx,
Ed N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back