battery light..moving shifter

SCBiscuit

im finally becoming pleased with the sc.. TONS OF FUN... however i changed my spark plug wire for my number one cylinder (the shortest plug wire) now my battery indicator.. kinda lights up it dims and brightens not in sync with the revs of the engine.. sometimes its fully lit. had the my battery and alternator checked its all fine.. emf from the plug wires?? im using borg warner wires by the way.
next thing i replaced the enigine mounts 3 or 4 weeks ago.. the tranny mount and drossmember mounts yesterday. should i have any movement from the shifter?? its a whole lot tighter in the shifts now.. just curious should i expect some movement.. did i say HEY THIS CAR IS FUN TO DRIVE!!!! weeeeeeeee.. next fixxer upper.. oxygen sensors.. i have them just have to get some time to put them in. what differences can i expect..im always greedy for more power?..........

you will see a noticeable difference when u replace ur o2 sensors.. a little better mileage and a lil increase in power. not much though but kind of noticeable. as for ur BATTERY LIGHT i dont know.

shux

well i put them in... car idles nice havent had a chance to go cut up.. later tonight i will,,, umm the drivers side was a pain in the butt to get out.. it felt like it was seized in there.. the passengers didnt even take me 5 minutes.. .. oooh yeah another sad truth of my vehicle.. the o2 sensors i pull out still said ford/ngk on them.. geesh the previous owner dogged this car... at 128,000 ....later ladies and gents.

Holy ****, my O2 sensors say FORD on them still also! God they look clean for something thats almost 15 years old. Oh wait, wait, i bought them from ford a couple months ago

Do you think before you speak or do you just act the same way you do on this message board

tazer you have some issues.. still upset over your hubby leaving you? chill out geesh... nice to know someone is stupid enough to pay ford prices.....

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wait until your alternator goes completely kaput before it'll test bad. This flickering battery light thing is the alternator going out. I went through 3 of them like that. It will become more frequent until it just stays on all the time.

Generally if the light comes on, start keeping time. You'll have a while before you drain the battery, but the more load on it the sooner it'll drain and the car will die. For example, if you have your headlights on, or running the A/C or defrost, it'll pull juice from the battery sooner. Buy a trickle charger to keep the battery topped off and charge it up at night. Check it with a cheap electrolyte tester to be sure. Then hopefully, you won't get stranded. Keep a phone handy also.

When you do replace the alt, be sure you charge the barttery fully before you run the car.

Back