Homie-dspeed racing col air intake

SCBiscuit

hola peeples.
Made a cold air intake using a homie-dspeed(homedepot) 3 inch "quick elle" rubber 90 degree elbow($10) and spectre 3 inch cone filter from autozone($20 and red for ten extra horses).. i had to cut at the fenders but its not visible from the wheel well so you dont have to worry about water.. ).. but if you see the picture you will know where you need to cut out for the filter... i also had to shave the inside of the elbow out about halfway into the rubber material to fit the MAF on.(love my dremel) also when you attach the filter to the elbow slide the clamp on the elbow all the way down to the base of the filter or else the filter will fall off. get it tight it wont budge it would only fall off in a sustained 9 g turn(no worries) dont have any under car shots(yet).. sounds awesome.. makes people give you the "WTF look" at stop lights and accelerating. car runs dumb cold on the highway, its been 40-30 degrees alot so when it is the needle barely moves on the temp gauge. so its functional by far and sounds cool as hell.

Attachments

• enginebay001.jpg
    enginebay001.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 618
the WTF look, isnt that what its all about??

when racing a civic you can see the question mark above their heads when they hear that sound...

Attachments

• enginebay002.jpg
    enginebay002.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 560
where the biscuit has been

sorry abou the double post .. (blame the pc when all else fails including the user)... me ive been working or driving.. i have an serious obsession with pissing off ricers.... so i go out late at night and beat up on them.. my car runs a 0-60 at about 7.1-2 consistently(belltronics acceleromter says so) its stock maybe.... althought im wonder if that rebuilt supercharger has any mod on it.. cuz i took that reading with funked up tranny mounts(wheel hop) and my sc is loud as hell(sounds sweeeeeeeeet) the car has some great woo wooooo to it.. as longs as i can make rice cry or question their having that honda sticker on their car making them faster.... sad part is id race a cop car if they had a wing on their car.. im obsessed with pissing off rice. ill be posting some more intake pics and random rants and jibber jabber catch ya later

the maf is on the wrong side of the elbow, way to much turbulance=loss of power. standard rule of thumb is 8 to 10 calibers of straight pipe before a metering device.

the great biscuit laughs...

im sure that is a factor.. chuckle chuckle.... ill worry about that when i have an 80mm MAF and TB hahahahah.. from 3 inch to 55mm is quite a velocity stack... the air is moving faster at the maf than it is at the opening the MAF is not all that smooth to began with stock setup is major turbulence... i dont give a hoot about turbulence on a stock car.. jack squat is ported on my car.. the pressure would be higher (where the maf sensor is located in the maf body) than on the bottom with that 90 bend there. that would be the reason behind the "no bend before such and such yadi yadi distance to the MAF .. a varying velocity from top to bottom... bernoulli's principle anyone?..ok ok i wont go there If i wanted to talk areodynamics and stagnation points i would but in the mean time i just wanna drive have fun :p i forgot i would get umm what do you call it.. critics hahaha when i posted.. stop crying shut up and drive WEEEEEEEEEEEEE...what do you expect NASA to be at work here? bye now hahaha whats that gian sucking sound .. hmm yeah the SC is a giant sucking sound from ones wallet .. but in the mean the meantime thats my cold air intake muhahaha weeeeeeee later peeples go have fun

(Edited by Admin

You are not going to be able to see an Engine Operating Temperature decrease on the factory guage by placing you filter outside the engine compartment. Last time I checked the air filter wasn't directly connected to the coolant system.

Thomas

Thomas A said:
Last time I checked the air filter wasn't directly connected to the coolant system.

Thomas

Thomas, you mean that you didn't know that. On the early models the coolant is routed through the throttle body to cool the coolant. duh. Colder air in means colder coolant temperatures.

-Steve

Last edited:
Some people are different than others. I don't think I would call anyone names. :rolleyes: Its a cheap easy way to get better mileage. Whos the smarter one for saving that kind of money? And he's got a point about the supercharger not being the only sucking noise that accompanies the SC. :D

ill play idiot savant.. my picture was waaaaaaay low res so i figure id draw it out.. looks like a kindergardener or serial killer drew it. had to clear it up a bit.. muhahaha

tazer999
(Edited by Admin)

:rolleyes: (Edited by Admin) second of all hes just having some fun.....oh wait i forgot no fun on the sccoa boards....maybe thats why theres barely any activity on them anymore? He was simply posting his creative mod...and doing it with a little personality. Personally i thought it was funny and really didnt care whether he thought it was a 100hp gain or whatever. Who cares!!!

(Edited by Admin)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i do not think he is an idiot, he just does not no any better. when he grows a pair and races some real competition, he may want some help, we bought the same filter and a similar set up and went from mid 14s to a 14.9, this was even with a cold air box. noise is cool, but it won't win races.

i dont recall him wanting to win races? i recall him saying he was just picking on ricers and having some fun? whats wrong with that?

i also recall him saying it was staying stock anyways?

Back