What do you think? (exhaust)

birdofprey

I already have down tubes, no cats, and high flow resonator. I am looking to either replace the mufflers or get rid of them. From what I have heard, is that the pipe after the resonator is the next bottle neck in the exhaust system. This is what i was thinking, is if i could find a glass pack that is 3 inch or 3 1/2 inches in diameter to place after the resonator and then Y off the exhaust after that. I dont exactly know how that would sound, but i guess im looking for a cheap route first before buying expensive mufflers. Because I am a college student and if it doesnt sound bad then I will have saved my self some money. But if it sounds bad then i will just opt for a good set of mufflers. Has anyone tried this? Any other ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

If you ever decide to look into mufflers I would try out the magnaflows. I have those along with the magnaflow resonator in a 2-1/2 to 3 to 2-1/2 configuration and it sounds pretty nice. It sounds like a cross between a ricer and a mustang, definitely a unique sound, not sure what the glasspacks would sound like however.

Good luck either way

dont put glasspacks on. i did it big mistake. only good if u keep stock resonator. but ti doesnt add much performcance. get high flow cats, take out res. do turbo mufflers and have good size piping like 2 1/2 or 2 1/4. then it will sound and peform well

Back