Window washer reservor

kenewagner

Do 94, 95 SCs have the reservor mounted up by the firewall? I need to relocate my reservor on my 93. With the FMIC I built there is no room for the reservor, unless I weld up a custom alum tank. It would be easier if I could pick up one that mounts in the engine compartment. Any input would be appriciated

94 and 95 cars have the washer fluid reservoir up in front of the radiator, just to the left of the hood latch ... if I recall correctly, it's up there on 93 cars as well.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

You need one from a 92 on down. Here is my old 91

Attachments

• picture 018.jpg
    picture 018.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 191
i have one off my 92 because thats where i put my nitrous, and i switched to the 93 style next to the rad. If you want it i'll sell it for $25 shipped.

Does that style of reservor have the pump attached to the side? Is it possible to reroute the wiring from the front mounted reservor? Any problems you can tell me about making a switch would be helpful. I am interested in the 25.00 buck reservor

the pump is mounted on the side, right near the PS pump cap. There shouldn't be a problem with shortening the wires and lines to the new location. I lengthened my wires and lines, so they can be shortened as well.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will get back to you on the reservor. I still might fabricate an alum tank, just havent made up my mind yet

Ken,

I have an extra one from a 1990. I can bring it on the 22nd so you can take a look at it.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas but I have decided to Fabricate one out of polished Alum. I have a chromed breather cap and I will be able to make the tank blend in with all the changes I made to the Griffen Radiator. I will bring some pictures Sunday so you can see how a project can snowball in all kinds of other projects

Oh no you dont kenewagner! I'm the self proclaimed king of SC snowballing around here! LOL!!!!!:D :p
I started out just replacing HG's one thing led to another and I ended up doing a full frame up rebuild of the SC.LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Damn compulsive behaviour! LOL!!!!:D

Back