how do i disconnect the spedo cable?

I talked to him over AIM last night and it actually turns out that he is referring to the slave cylinder line. He couldn't remove it. I broke out the ford manuel and told he about the special tool required to remove it. He had no luck trying it on his own, so he was going to try and find that tool.

thanks for you help on aim, im still trying to track one down, i may look for a snap on or matco truck, oterwsie, if anyone a any tricks for getting it off that would be helpful.

I was able to get mine off with a little screw driver. The locking clip is a white piece of plastic around the metal part of tube and you have to push the white plastic in while you pull the tube out. Good luck

Spray some brake cleaner at the connection to the slave cylinder and clean it up, cause chances are you cant even see the white plastic piece. once its clean and free from any debris, spray some wd40 on the connection and white plastic thing to lube em up and work it the plastic piece inward with a flathead screwdriver, while pulling on the hydraulic line.
or use the tool, but if you cant get a hold of one, this works just as easy

livn said:
Spray some brake cleaner at the connection to the slave cylinder and clean it up, cause chances are you cant even see the white plastic piece. once its clean and free from any debris, spray some wd40 on the connection and white plastic thing to lube em up and work it the plastic piece inward with a flathead screwdriver, while pulling on the hydraulic line.
or use the tool, but if you cant get a hold of one, this works just as easy
thanks,
came right off wit some oil, thanks for all your help!

Back