Lower IC tube bolts, what size?

fastsc92

I'm just looking to find out what size bolts hold the lower ic tube to it's brackets. The old owner never used them, but i'd like to put them back in. I just need to know what size bolts as well as the thread series, which will be metric. I know there are two, but are they both the same? One goes to a bracket attached to the block, and the other attaches to the ***. bracket...am i correct?

college

don't they teach you anything :D ...there's one nut on a stud ..that bolts to the powerstreering/altenator/coil ...bracket think it was a 14 mm or 9/16 on a 5mm hex stud...and if it's not there now ...that's a good thing ..
looking at you mods ..they must of come with the car.. when you bought it ..or you would know ..what a pain in the A$$ that nut/ stud causes ...to work on your car ...I'm sure Ford put it on there to get ..2 extra hours of shop time labour...just to get it off ... and the lower I/C tube has to come off for alot of reasons....to get at things ...it's fine ... just mounted to the I/C and the plenum ...so forget about it all together... dave

Last edited:
the car was bone stock when i got it actually. There was no way i was getting to the bolt that is threaded into the lower tube itself, my hands aren't that small, so i left that one out. I just put one bolt in the hole part of the tube( alt bracket, and i used a bolt instead) for extra support. It was a 10 x 1.50 thread, i took a good guess, and i got lucky and it was right.

Back