My cam sound clip.

fastsc92

Ok, I finally got around to getting a sound clip of my car idling. My friend jokes that it sounds like a boat, but it's kinda growing on me, and i like it. For those who helped me out with the cam install ect, thank you, and here are the results. Let me know what you think.

Stage 1 Idle

That sounds bad as. What are the specs? Can't wait for mine to get finished.

Edit found them in sig. Here are mine if my moter ever goes back together.

215/224
.495"/.520"

Will my cam sound similar guys? I sure hope so.

Last edited:
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! The link does'nt work!
Email me that clip PLEASE!!!!! I want to hear it.:D :D
and you're welcome for any help I may have given.;)

I'm still getting the "Action Canceled" message saying that IE cannot open that link or whatever. I have the quicktime player so I dont know whats going on.:mad:

Hhmmmmmm........a little chunkier than I expected, sounds good just not what I was expecting. hmmmmmm................

It could be the exhaust set-up though. I have no cats, which change the sound a lot. I dont know anyone that used the flowmaster dirrect fit res. and the dynomax direct fit cat back together. Those two together combined with mandrel downtubes w/o cats give it a unique sound. I wasn't too thrilled about it at first, but it has grown out me, and i really like it now.

No I meant the rumpity rumpity rump of the sound moreso than the acoustics of the sound.
That cam sounds much bigger than what I'm wanting.;)
Wished I had known that beforehand cause I would have sold you my cam when you were having trouble getting one.
Oh well.......I'll just have to go to the drawing board to get what I want. hmmmmm...........

well mike, when the idle is around 1000rpms it really is hard to tell its got a cam. I have it set around 850 for that sound. When the car first starts up, its got an idle of about 1300, and its very smooth. I dont want you to make up your mind because of one sound clip. See if you can get others with the same cam.

i liked the idle and the rev, big props on a bad azz sounding sc buddy.

now go whoop some a$$ around town and let us know hoe she feels:D

With the cam and heads it pulls hard up top, with a little increase in bottom end as well. Once it hits about 3700rpm it really puts you in the seat. As a comparison, it pulls similar to when i use nitrous, so i expect when i spray......i'll be very pleased.

nice

thats sounds bad a$$. i hope my soudns that nice, i'm putting in a stage 1 coy cam with just over .500" lift, should sound nice, but i would like to hear what she sounds like revving up a lil...sounds good man, nice to see another young guy makign some nice mods. keep up the good work.

That is a Coy Miller stg1 cam in the sound clip and they dont have over .500 lift, they have .491 lift with 1.73 rocker arms.

fastsc92 I'm sure its a very good cam but I bet it will wind up to 6500 RPM with the right springs and that moves things abit too much for me.
I want something stealthy but your motor screams "I'm camed up"
when its ideling. Sounds real good dont get me wrong its just not what I wanted. That sound will really hurt my profit potentail.;)
Everybody I talked to that has one of those cams said you cant even hear it hit, well they must be deaf because I hear it loud and clear even through the computer so I know in person its going to be painfully obvious.:(

very true mike, i see what you're trying to accomplish. Thanks for the comments guys, i'm glad i and you like it. Dyno will be sometime in late march, and the track at the beginning of april to see what numbers she puts out. The dyno isn't really for a HP reading, i'm using it as a tuning aid for my fuel pressure, and air/fuel mixture.

Boy that sounds familiar!
good job- glad you got things finished
btw- how did you make out when degreeing your cam?
also- did you get a tuner or chip yet?

Josh

It first degreed in at 105, the cam card said 112. I then cut a new keyway in the cam gear and put it a little past 113. That was close enough for me. I just got another set of 42lb injectors, and i'm waiting for my new intake. Hopefully it'll idle all right on its own, and i'm heading to the dyno before i really even drive the car or think about racing it again. I'll take a look at the air/fuel ratio and if need be, then get a chip or a tuner.

Back