Should I change my oil?

quick35th

I last changed my oil around late september or early october sometime with Valvoline synpower 10w30 and have autocrossed it twice, and have driven it almost 800 miles. Then I parked it in the middle of october and have not since fired her up. What do you guys think I should do? Change before the autocross season starts back up, or leave it in there till it hits 3000K?

Thanks!
Shane

well......too late now , but you should have changed the oil BEFORE you stored the car. It's probably no big deal but i the future that's what i'd do. That way you get rid of all the contaminants and combustion gasses that slowly eat away at your bearings while it's stored.

You should have change the oil prior to storage. Also you should be starting the engine up once a month and running it to operating temp. Right now your oil is sitting on the bottom of the bearings.

I would change your oil and start the car up. I have my car in storage currently, I start the car up every month. I used 5w30 oil due to the colder temps in the winter. I will probably change the oil again once I take the car out of storage.
Good Luck
Ken

Back