Spring run

blue92

Spring run, April 2004

So you guys can start some planning now. The spring run will be April 17th (the weekend after Easter) in Austin, Tx. The plan is to meet at the Oasis Restaurant on Lake Travis at 10am take pics of the cars and drivers, a lineup pic, a drivers meeting, and hand out maps of the cruise. Then we will do the cruise, a 170 mile loop around Lake Travis ending back at the Oasis for dinner. Then later that evening take a tour of the famous 6th of Austin, Tx. For the cruise you will need a FRS 2-way radio for communication between drivers on the cruise.

For those coming from out of town I will announce hotel arrangements closer to the run date.

:cool: :D

Last edited:
Well I work at Ranger Stadium and luckily they are away that week. Since it won't be busy I won't have a problem going to Austin at all. Where can I find one of those 2 ways at?

b00stedv6biRd said:
Where can I find one of those 2 ways at?

Radio Shack sells them. We have found through the years the Motorolas work the best. The DFW gang will caravan down Friday afternoon, we will announce a meeting place sometime during the week before the run. There probably will be some to caravan down early Saturday morning as well. We use the radios in the caravans going down and coming back too.

There also will be a couple caravans coming from Houston too, and a bunch from San Antonio coming up Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Not to take away from Radio Shack but probably every other electronics retailer carries them as well.... don't say Walmart, LOL

I believe that there are a 3 or 4 models that just went clearance to make way for the new models at Best Buy this morning....

I'd recommend that you get the 5 mile over the 3 mile, as well. Plus most are sold in pairs so you could split the cost with someone else, too...

focus said:
Not to take away from Radio Shack but probably every other electronics retailer carries them as well.... don't say Walmart, LOL

I believe that there are a 3 or 4 models that just went clearance to make way for the new models at Best Buy this morning....

I'd recommend that you get the 5 mile over the 3 mile, as well. Plus most are sold in pairs so you could split the cost with someone else, too...

We have found the Motorola model T5720 works the best for our use.

:cool:

My girlfried (The Boss) loves the Oasis Cantina and just told me that we will be in attendance. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Question: Has this group ever considered doing a joint event with the AustinAreaStangs.com folks? I'm also a part of that online group and most of them are a great bunch!

spring run

Shifty-G said:
My girlfriend (The Boss) loves the Oasis Cantina and just told me that we will be in attendance. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Question: Has this group ever considered doing a joint event with the AustinAreaStangs.com folks? I'm also a part of that online group and most of them are a great bunch!

Great we like the boss already, looking forward to meeting you both.

About the stang invite I talked it over with a bunch of SHO guys about it, they said before you ask your stang buddies to join us you better post on their board that a bunch of SHOs are planning to do a run in Austin in April, and see what kind of response you get 1st.

The SHO Club have in the past invited the stang clubs to at least 3 of our events only to get a bunch of trash talkin from the stang guys about the SHOs, more less sayin hangin with the SHOs would be a waste of their time, because a SHO is just a laughable old granny grocery getter.

Don, Wow.. I had no idea that the Stang group got that childish about things. I've actually been out of town for 3 years and hadn't been to any of the mustang events.. I'm somewhat disappointed in them now.

One of my best friends is actually the owner of that site and I'll ask him directly if he thinks this would be something that we could avoid conflict with.

Not a biggy for my mustang friends to miss this one though!v :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Shity-G

Like I said get their take on the SHOs before you invite them, the Austin stangs may be a different animal than the DFW stangs, and the North Texas SVT (Cobra) club.

We do have an open invite to the Texas Probe Club, the Texas Marauder club, TCCoA, and the SCCoA. I went to a Marauder club meeting Saturday and a bunch of them were excited about the run.

Last edited:
Say Don... what about the North Texas Mustang club... they seem pretty open to outsiders as long as they're Ford powered??? Also the Lone Star Cougar Club? Just curious...

I've never had any dealings with the DFWStangs....

focus said:
Say Don... what about the Lone Star Cougar Club? Just curious...

The Marauders are all part of the Lone Star Cougar Club. Logan the moderator for the Lone Star Cougar Club drives a boosted Marauder.

haha for some reason the shity-g instead of shifty-g struck me funny. haha. ????:confused: ???? haha. i would come to some runs if my car was fixed for one. and 2, would you let a 16 year old cruise with you guys? i could come to the some stuff in DFW and anything in lubbock or amarillo, though i know nothing will happen up here. thanks guys

spring run hotel question

Ok it's time to start looking for a hotel in Austin. I need to know how many rooms we are going to need and how many nights you plan on staying. I know some of us are going to caravan down from DFW on Friday so we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and drive like a maniac to get there (well we probably will drive like maniacs anyway). But I do know some do like driving down, up, or over Saturday morning and then may like to stay one night. So I need to start the list of who all is coming.

So far I have:

SHOs

Don - Arlington
Tony - Arlington
Murphy - Arlington
Dale - Arlington
Gary - Houston
MikeD - Axel
Bruce - Azel
Pam - Corpus
JC - San Antonio
Richard - San Antonio
Damein - San Antonio
Jason - Houston
Clayton - Bedford
Josh - Houston
Sergio - Houston
Martin? - Houston
Jason? - Denver
Cory - Waco
Glue Maker? - Houston?
Anthony - Denton
Russell - Keller
Russ's wife - "
Erich - Austin
Gidish - Austin
Scott - Richardson

Birds

Duane - Watauga
Shifty-g - Austin
Dave - Austin
Samurai - Austin

If you plan on going please add your name to the list, plus if you need a room and for how many nights.

TIA

Last edited:
i don't know if this list is current or if everyone is just following the link over to TCCoA, but I will be there with the '95 5-speed, and I have a friend with a Probe GT that will tag along.
(I'm in San Antonio)

Back