Oil Pressure

ThunderCoupe94

Today, I noticed my guage for my Oil, is just under the N on NORM when it used to be dead center. Do i have a problem? I checked the oil and it was aiight. Hook me up wit the details on what the heck is goin on.

Jay

im preety sure its basiclly a dummy gauge, as long as u get a reading you should be fine... ive never seen mine move up under WOT like it should. so i figure its just a dummy gauge

Ford guages are not any good anyway, But one reason could be, that your oil is breaking down, If you havent changed it with in 2500 mi, I suggust you do so.

FYI, my oil pressure guage is 1/4 of the way between Norm and High.

ITS NOT A REAL GUAGE, it reads the electrical signal, I'm not sure on the volts but we'll make numbers up

0= NO PRESSURE = RED = Check Guage

1+ =Anywhere on the guage indicates pressure.

So technically what you are saying is that its the same thing as an on/off switch, as in, either its working or not????

Then why did it go in sync with my revs right before my hg blew?

Because I have no idea, but yes its an on and off switch basically and i dont think it had anything to do with your head gaskets.

Also, what you are saying, is that, if we replace our oil pressure sensors, and clean all the contacts, our oil pressure would go up?

Back