how do i reattach clutch cable?

dodgetruck91

i got it out of the old trans, and i was able to click it in and out once before, but now that its in the car, the clutch cable wont click in, am i doing something wrong? is there a trick? any help would be great, thanks.

Well, the is no cable having anything to do with the clutch, we have a hydraulic line from the master cylinder to the slave. If your talking about being able to click it in and out of the slave, on the transmission, then you should not be able to do that. There is a sleeve on the connection that must be pushed back towards the transmission in order to remove the hydraulic line.

ive messed around with teh sleve a bit, but now i just can get the whole thing to go back on, i push it in but it falls out right away, the plastic sleve at the point is pulled back out of the way

Inside the slave connection there is a metal ring thing, there should be tabs sticking out of it, its somewhat fragile also. Try taking it out and pushing the tabs back out then it should just pop back in and stay. If the tabs are folded then your gonna need a new ring. OH, and make sure you pull the sleeve back into place or it wont stay in there.

well the thing is the white thing in there is suposed to push back, but it wont compress, on the junk trans that i pulled out, the white thing pushes back into the connector, im talking about the part thats inside the coupolar what has a peice of metal in the middle of it, on the junk trans i pushed it in and fluid came out. but on the new one, i cant get it to go back inside

Hi,
Did you ever find out to disconnect and reconnect the hydraulic line to the slave cylinder? I can't take mine off even with the special tool that I bought, it won't budge.

Back