brake fluid leak

trife86

hey guys just wanted to ask you guys first before i go to the shop in like 2 days. i just got my SC on the road and found out i got a nice brake fluid leak. if i put in about half a bottle of fluid it will be gone in about an hour and brakes work like theres nothing left. but if i put more fluid in they work brand new again

im thinking its a brake line. hoping its not the master cylinder
would it drip out that fast if it was master cylinder?

welll, i had a fluid leak from the pressure sensor thingy. it's about a foot below the master cylinder. It's attached to an aluminum block and has a wire plug attached to it. That can be a cause of significan leaking.

if you replace it, make sure you have the o-ring on the new one.

If you want to try to narrow down where the leak is coming from, try to look over the entire brake system starting with the MC. Follow the lines as best you can. Check the proportioning valve located in the engine comp. just next to the drivers side wheel well. Check the brakes/ calipers wheel area. Then fill up the brake fluid resevoir, drive for a 10-15 minutes, then do the entire check over again looking for wet areas. At least you'll have an idea before taking it in for repairs. A leak that substantial shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Back