PCV tube question

fastsc92

I need a pic of the PCV tube that connects to the drivers side valve cover, to the intake tube. I just need to figure out how its routed on top of the timing cover. While doing the cam swap i stepped on mine and broke it, and i used some rubber line where it snapped. I'd like to replace it but i couldn't get it to fit just right, something seemed wrong. Could i get rid of it completely and maybe put a breather in there?...if there is enough room? Thanks guys.

i never won any kind of genius award but i dont think it would be a great idea to put a breather there. I dont have a pic but you should re route a new line ......the purpose of the pcv is relieving pressure (crank case pressure?). so i would definitley replace the line.

if someone cant get a pic up tonight ill go snap one for you.

I know where it goes, but i dont remember if it goes under the intake manifold, right behind the cam sensor thingy, or on top of the timing cover in front of the cam sensor. Its hard to explain, but when it broke i couldn't decide where it went. And yes, i would like to replace it, but a breather cover would also vent crankcase air as well.

It's a p.i.t.a to route that thing if it's the last thing you do like me. I should have routed it before I put the accesories on like the ac compressor. I figured out it goes right under the the snout and is about an inch over the cam sensor. The hard part was routing it behind the ac compressor without breaking it. But yea it has a contour to it that puts it right under the snout.

the problem that i had was that i think its placed behind the raised section for the cam sensor ( in the timing cover) and under the lip for the intake or under the thermostat opening. You are right though, that its tough to get it in there before you mount everything else. Next time i'm around that area i want to replace it. I just need a pic of where its suposed to run, becuase where i have it now, i dont see how the contours would have lined up. Can someone help me out?

It's not actually the PCV...that's on the passenger side. I put a breather on mine and plugged the hole in my MP 3.5" intake. Works fine.

I used a small APC breather. I had to use the stock elbow, because the upper IC tube is in the way, but if you have a raised top the breather should fit without using an elbow.

Back