Started the STANG!!!

V6Sprout

Yup, I finally started her up again. Now that the t-bird is gone I can pull the stang into the garage. Good news is that she started up pretty good, too a few cranks since I know y battery has been low, last time I had to jump start it, this time she fired up herself. She was low on coolant, about 1 liter, I know it leaks out the thermostat housing so thats why she was low. I gotta fix that. She idles about 1100rpms at first but then the rpms started jumping, 600 then 1100 the 600 then 1100 and so on, same rpms each time. I was also watching my vacuum gauge and it would go from 8 HG to 12HG and back adn forth in conjunction with the rpms, so I figure the idle is due to the vacuum leak I gotta find. I held the rpms up a bit and she steadied out, it could also be the tune, but I know I get good vacuum after I let off the throttle but it won't hold, so I think its leaking at the lower intake to block area. I used the cork end gaskets, stupid me.

Will fix that when I remove the lower to powdercoat it this month along with the valve covers and rear intakes.

It was sure nice to hear the rumble of the motor again, well gotta go clean out the garage so I can pull her in before this storm comes tonight. :headbang:

Can't wait to see that in action if I make it to V6FC. I've been slowly working on my swap and I'm in the process of disassembling the engine. Been hitting a few rough patches, but hopefully it'll smooth out.

See if you can spot what's wrong in the picture... :(

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 204
have oil pressure

did you ever come to a conclusion ..to what happened to the first
motor ?....
..Flynnt feel your pain ...I missed the little hex head bolt on the bottom of the timing cover by oil pan ..it was burried in oil and crap ...never seen it ..till it was all that was left on the block ....good thing it was a spare motor .....so how much is a timing cover ...dave

no real idea what happened ont he first motor, but so far so good on this one. It really needs a good tune though which is why I want to dyno tune it at the V6FC event.

Flint, looks like you forgot to remove something with the timing cover, like half of it!:D DAMN!

I really have no idea how much the covers are worth. Everyone wants offers so I don't know how much to offer them for it.

Back