DAMN snow wrecked my Cobra RR hood

V6Sprout

I cleaned off the snow from the hood of the stang tongiht, and the top of the hood appeared to be dented in, I can push on the top of hte hood and it flexes now, and stays down like a large dent in the center of the hood. The underside is fine, but the top seems soft right in the center where the dent appears. I know it had a lot of snow on it over the winter but didn't think it would warp the fiberglass. DAMMIT!!!!

I think its fixable, I just have to cut the underside and put a brace between the upper and lower hood panels, that shoudl fix it, but DAMMIT. I will have to get someone to fix it for me which costs money, I still have to get this thing painted. I thikn the stock hood will go back on for now. Mind you I do have someone who has been bugging to buy it off me I could also use the money for a dyno tune and to help tow the stang tot he V6FC, so I dunno, we'll see what happens.

The shape is starting to come back, the stang is now in the garage and its almost back to normal, only one small indentation left. The center of hte hood is still soft somewhat, I can push it in and it flexes pretty easy, seems like it should have some support uinderneath or somethign, we'll see how the garage affects it now.

Back