wash car indoor?

rock5

My car is filthy, and it's not going to warm up anytime soon. And I hate shelling out $26 for the local car wash.

Anyone have suggestions or techniques for washing a car in the garage? A regular house garage - not a working garage. (No hose because no drain.)

Damp rag and a cloth? Would just wiping it down help much or should I use some soap. But then, how to rinse?

Open to any suggestions.

So very dirty....

thinking.gif

dude what planet are you from? lol $26 for a car wash??:confused: :confused: :eek:

we have full service washes around here for $5! they actually hand dry it after its washed. Anyways......you should probably just find a car wash with the do-it yourself bays. Use about $2.00 in quarters to get all that nasty salt off of your car;)

yea usually when you clean a car it needs to have soap to scrub the car.....have you ever washed a car before??? usually steel wool works well as a rag to scrub it will too...

haha just giving ya crap man, but yea just wash it outside of ur garage, just gotta use soap and wisper sweet nothings to her as you're scrubbing her backside!!!;) ;) ;)

You know what, I never use soap on any of my cars. clear water and keep rinseing out rag. soap leaves a film. If car is waxed real good it will clean easy. One mistake alot of people make is dropping the rag or sponge and keep cleaning away leaves nice scratches all over car!

yea that is true, you dont want to use soap everytime after havign it recently waxed good point, forgot about the wax factor

lol all you guys are hilarious....you missed the point. He is in below freezing temperatures over there in PA. Hes trying to stay warm....not learn how to clean his car, lol:D

although whispering sweet nothings might help keep warm, LOL:D :p

Thanks for the sanity check there SCUL8R.

I am definitely trying to keep warm here. The local car wash does come to about $26 after taxes for the regular wash and vacuum. I think it could come down to something like $15 for the el-cheapo job.

But I was hoping somebody would have a good damp-rag trick that does more than push the dirt around.

you just answered your own question......the whole point of the wash is to get the dirt off of the surface without scratching your car up. Like i said before....try finding a self serve car wash where you can spray the car yourself in a garage bay. Youll spend $3.00 tops......in quarter ( you know you hate change anyways:D )

DO NOT use the scrub brushes that they have......you dont know what someone did with them and dirt can hide in them and scratch your car. Just use high pressure soap and blast all the crud off your car. Then high pressure wax, then high pressure rinse.......youll be more bling then the kid down the street with the rusty monte carlo with 24" blades YO!

SC UL8R1990 said:
you just answered your own question......the whole point of the wash is to get the dirt off of the surface without scratching your car up. Like i said before....try finding a self serve car wash where you can spray the car yourself in a garage bay. Youll spend $3.00 tops......in quarter ( you know you hate change anyways:D )

DO NOT use the scrub brushes that they have......you dont know what someone did with them and dirt can hide in them and scratch your car. Just use high pressure soap and blast all the crud off your car. Then high pressure wax, then high pressure rinse.......youll be more bling then the kid down the street with the rusty monte carlo with 24" blades YO!

^^ What he said... I hate washing my car in the cold and in Seattle it's usually rainy and cold during the winter. I just wait for non-rainy days and have the detail guys at the dealership I work at do it. $15 for a wash and vac $25 for a light detail. And it gets done while I'm working and I come out to a nice clean car :). During the summer I do it myself though.

Back