BHJ and Balancing

Billabong089

Can I balance the crank shaft pulley and then still use it on the stock dampner until I put the BHJ on?

Because I want to take it off and get it balanced then drive it to the mechanic on the stock balancer then have the mechanic put the bhj in as well as the timing chain,etc.

Why would you be balancing the crackshaft pulley?...I know teh SC pulley and balancer come as a set but this question ...I do not understand

I believe he wants to 0 balance it to work with the BHJ he is installing. But needs to get the car to the shop for the repair. I would try to find another crank pulley to have balanced or even go with the Under drives like I did. I have read where the BHJ balancer is a lot heavier than the stocker so the aluminium pulley helps offset the added weight. Where are you located? maybe someone is close and you could just borrow a pulley to run your car to the shop.

I see you have under drive pulleys already. If you have the crankshaft pulley why do you need to have it balanced? It should already be 0 balanced.

Last edited:
yea well the guy who I bought the car said it had the underdrive pulleys, and it appears that they are, but I dont know for sure, and I would just like to check and make sure and if not get it zero-balenced... But this guy also said it had a centerforce clutch but um, when I got my transmission replaced, it had the stock OEM clutch which was 133,000 miles old sooooooooooooooooooooooo....

I may be wrong Ed because I dont have any UD pulley's anymore
but all of them I've seen are made of Aluminum so it should'nt be to hard to tell the difference.
My whole understanding of the BHJ balancer(and again I may be wrong) is that you have to use an UD pulley on it because there zero balanced where the stock steel painted black pulley is not.

why don't you just drive the car to the shop, and then have the pulley balanced? either take it to the machine shop yourself after the mechanic removes it, or just have them send it out and get it done....

Back