swap from 89-95

tondog

Alright im pissed finally got my 89 just how i wanted it as far as performance upgrades and a wire harness shorts out and starts a fire and torches my entire engine bay. anything that was plastic or rubber is gone. now im thinking of buying my dads 95 sc 5 speed, he said he would sell it to me. so my question is, what all that is salvageable can be swaped to fit my dads 95? im sure that my headers, heads, exhaust, transmission(5-speed as well), pullies, intercooler, eec tuner, blower, inlet plenum, maybe my throttle body but probably not, mafs with a new sample tube, can be salvaged. will all of this fit? i was also curious if the rear seat from my 89 could be swaped because the seats in the 95 dont fold down.
thanks
tony

Sorry to hear

Fires suck when they involve a t-bird. Sorry to hear about your loss. For the most part, if the fire wasn't insane, you should be able to use any and all parts, except those made of plastic. As for the exhaust, you can only use it on the 95 if you use your gas tank. The exhaust/gas tanks were changed in the 92 or 93 year on all cougars and birds.

well, im not too concerned with being able to swap my mods but more along the lines of what was better on the 89 stock than the 95. i think i heard something about the rear sway bar being thicker or something and the differential mount being stronger but i dont know. sorry should have been more specific. pretty much every thing from the engine bay back is in perfect condition. my 89 was the cleanest stock sc i had ever seen. after the head gaskets went it was the perfect time to do my mods. if the seat swap isnt too much of a pain id really like to do that. anyway, any input is appreciated.

Back