light sputtertin

ChrisPearl95

Good evening,

my 95 auto seems to sputter a bit when its shifting sometimes. It's not major, it seems to come and go.

Do you guys think that may be a signal to change my wires or maybe tranny quirks?

Thanks

Attachments

• tbirdsc4.jpg
    tbirdsc4.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 141
Let me guess its only at full throttle and it only dose this some times only when all warmed up. Its the 94-95 curse. If you get it figured out let us all know. I have one that I have replaced every sensor, plugs,wires all but the fuel system and thats next to get rid of this. The car still runs like a raped ape but its just anoying.

yep

you guessed it, actually sometimes its not necessarily full throttle, but when taking off from red lights, it is warmed up at the time.

Attachments

• tbirdsc3.jpg
    tbirdsc3.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 115
Do this first. Change you plugs then wires and use dialetic grease in the boots on both ends of the wires if your wires are original.This seems to be the problem most of the time. I wanted to make my car new again by replacing all the sensors, dis,crank and cam sensor all ford parts but I still havent figued it out yet but I will or die trying! the sad part is I have another one I can swop parts with and still no change. I have checked fuel pressue,cylender ballance test you name it. no codes.

planning to

I am planning to change plugs and get magnecore wires in a couple of weeks, I will see how she does then. They are stock wires currently. I had Jocobs wires at one time, but it seemed my mileage fell waaaaay off when I was using them.

Thanks!

It just seems like this problem is mostly on 94-95 cars. Let me know if this gets rid of the problem. Every time I put some thing new on it seems like that was the problem and its fixed but rest assured it comes back when you least exspect it. Thanks for listening to my rant. Mark

wheels

Thanks dude, I ordered them from Discount Tire last spring. "wheels.com" or "tires.com" I think. Even thought they have a store here, I ordered because they mount and electronically balance for free if you buy tires too....plus the shipping is free. I saved a couple hundred bucks in tax by ordering online to the door, all I had to do was put them on.

The wheels are ATS Mercury 18's, wanted 5 spoke, but a little different from the Cobras many guys have.

I had Bob White(bobwhitedecals.com) make the center cap decals to fit, that was his first time doing that. I just recently sent him the pictures for his site because I figured some of our guys might want to do the same with their Cobra styled wheels.

Thanks.

No problem ranting sctbird, I feel your pain.

Attachments

• tbirdsc2.jpg
    tbirdsc2.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 107
Hey if you dont mind me asking how much were those wheels? I was thinking since I like them so much maybe I would get a set, and see if Bob White could make me centercaps with the 35th Anny. emblem instead.

Shane

That would be sweet. I would like to know also. I have looked at rims for years and these are one of the best I have seen on our cars. Do they come in 16`s also?

Back