VMM Question

LXSC

This question is regarding the helpful unit that tells us T-bird owners when to change our oil and top up our various fluids in the car. I've inclulded a pic if you still dont' know what I'm talkin' about. Would there be any differences between a VMM from a T-bird SC and a NA 3.8 L. I need to know before I choose to sell one of them off on ebay.

Question, if you install a VMM in a SC that did have one from the factory, is the VMM all you need? or is the wireing not there?

Thanks,

VMM For Sale

If you're interested in a VMM and perhaps the wiring if I can get it out let me know. I was asking because I have an extra for sale.

The early style VMM's will fit regardless of LX, base, SC or whatever. Needless to say, you must have the wiring for it. You cant just install it if it didnt already come from factory...this was talked about a long time ago. FOr example, i remember that in the discussion it was said that cars that didnt come from the factory with teh VMM dont have several sensors like the oil sensor in the pan, etc. You could probably hook it up, but it would be a royal PITA. I konw i replaced the VMM on my 89 with one from a 92 or 93 LX bird and i bought another one as a spare from i believe a cougar. SO they're swapable.

CaifanSC, thanks for the additional information regarding the factory VMM. Looks like I am going to pass, and go with gauges down the road.

Thanks again!

Back