going to rebuild,need help

matthew

well found out that i have blown head gaskets..since i'm going to have it torn most of the way down i'm going to rebuild.this is where i need help..it has 210 hp from factory i want to get it to 250 or 270 before pulleys,t.b.,mass air.,and on.i don't know much about this stuff(still learning)but what size cam should i go with,how much should be ported on heads and intakes,and would the keith black pistons be ok for the supercharger.any help would be wonderfull,my buddy has a Z28 i want to weld the doors on when i get done with mine.
thanks,matt

nobody said anything yet,but the man that is going to fix my motor said it wont be to hard to get it out of the motor,he worked at the local shop for 20years doing nothing but porting and polishing.my boss took his stock car to him and he said he made him some serious h.p.,i would like to know what size cam to go to ,if it had a little chop to it it don't bother me just as long as i don't need a stall,it will come next,money isn't flowing like it should right now,but keep in touch if i hear anymore i'll post it

Guys, im on the same boat. Im not sure what to tell ya on the performance aspect, but if you do a search im sure you will find something. In my case, before I go the performance way i want to rebuild mine to last. Im upgrading my 89 oil pump to a 94-95, putting roller rockers, bhj balancer with underdrive pullies, doing mild head & valve work and port out my exhaust manifolds. I have a few things to take care of on the 89 and the 94 before i begin modding the living crap out of them. But at least for now they will run, they will run GOOD, and they will keep running.

mine ran good,it did'nt use any oil,it has 218k on it now prob would be ok for a little while longer.i'll still build it for durability but a little go fast goodies will be ok:D ,i had one guy tell me to run copper h.g's on it but i don't know about it have not talked to mechanic yet about that

Back