Congrats to Dan H and Glen K

kamakazie_1

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Dan H for his best of the TBirds award in todays show and Glen K for his 2nd place Trophy with his 85 GT..

Way to go guys!!!... :D

As has become normal with our group, we seem to have great days, great conversation, and great friends. Personally I'd like to thank everyone for their participation today!!

I'll forward pics to Ron to put on the events page as usual... Look for the link soon, I hope they turned out today without the tripod!!

RJ

I'll be the second to: congratulate Dan H for his best of the TBirds award in todays show and Glen K for his 2nd place Trophy with his 85 GT..

Dan, Yours is a "Nice Black SC"!!!

It was a good time with good People.
Flip

:D

Damn RJ, you're fast! Just got home.

Guys, it was really a great day, everyone was a pleasure to talk to, and just seeing all the SC's there was damn fine.

Great group of people, I'm proud to be a member of such a cool group! I finally got to meet Flip and got to spend a lot more time talking to TJ, Kurt, Jake and the rest.

I owe the trophy to my wifus, because she went digging for the sheet of paper the judges needed that I had no idea about, and didn't care enough to pursue it. I'm a lucky guy.

I will work on providing info for the Daytona Speedway meet that is (I believe) the end of March. Look for that post in a day or 2.

Thanks again to all involved. :)

Congrats!

Hey Guys,

I'll be the third to: congratulate Dan H for his best of the TBirds award in todays show and Glen K for his 2nd place Trophy with his 85 GT..
You guys deserve it for all the hours and hard work you've put into thoes cars to make them shine like they do.

I will be emailing the pics of everyone's individual pics to them as soon as I get them reduced to a uploadable size. I believe I have researched everyone's email address except for Jake's.
Today was a great time with great people, now I can finally update my members page with a meet that I have actually attended!

By the way RJ, I think I had talked to the guy with the SC parked in front of the Johnny Rockets, it was when I just got there and didin't have an exact head count of who was with what car(s)that's why it didint ring a bell. The guy's name was Bud and he was with his wife, his plan was to fix the SC up to factory specs so he could have a car that he could give to his grandchild, I wish now that I would have known he wasin't with the group as I would have informed him of the SCCoA. I wonderd why he was parked all the way over there! mabey well see him at another car show.
Hope to do this again soon!
SC Ya,
Greg Roll

Congrats guys. You do deserve it.

I was definately an interesting day. RJ definately gets the "I kept a cool head award today, even though I had every right to break some @$$hole's nose" award.

I also appreciate all the advice/help I received today. I'm damn glad I found about about you guys. ( Thanks Greg )

I'll be waiting on those pics.

I might have talked to the guy also, a couple in their 60’s were talking to me about how to install a fan switch in their SC. We talked for quite sometime about them rebuilding their SC, new crate motor, etc… They said nothing about driving it to the show, would have love to go take a look. They seem to be a nice couple. He did say they got a great deal on a crate motor, delivered and core picked up from his door.

You don't get a picture like this everyday!! Especially with Dan.. Let's see, he either ran out of polishing rags, was demonstrating a big bug, or was just really relaxed yesterday!! I think we all know why he got the best TBird award.. :D

Attachments

• dans 89 sc small.jpg
    dans 89 sc small.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 138
Mystery SC...

Here's a pic of the "Mystery SC" at the show yesterday, Mabey if someone sees it they will recognize it as someone's SC. I think it was theirs Flip, I was thinking to myself "I wonder why they parked over there?" after I asked which SC was his and he pointed over by the one by Johnny Rockets. But I could be wrong, I met so many people that day it was hard to keep them all straight in my mind. But I know I talked to the owner of that SC at some point during the morning.
I'll have to send a copy of the photo disc to JJ as well as Ron, I sure wish I had a faster internet connection and an email that didin't restrict the atachment size so much that I can't even send one full resolution pic. :rolleyes:
Great turnout, though I don't think my boss believed I was "sick" when I came into work today with a sunburn that matched my AutoZone shirt! lol! Oh well it was sure worth it!
SC Ya,
Greg Roll

Attachments

• mystery sc.jpg
    mystery sc.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 134
Re: Mystery SC...

Gregthespy said:
Here's a pic of the "Mystery SC" at the show yesterday, Mabey if someone sees it they will recognize it as someone's SC. I think it was theirs Flip, I was thinking to myself "I wonder why they parked over there?" after I asked which SC was his and he pointed over by the one by Johnny Rockets. But I could be wrong, I met so many people that day it was hard to keep them all straight in my mind. But I know I talked to the owner of that SC at some point during the morning.
I'll have to send a copy of the photo disc to JJ as well as Ron, I sure wish I had a faster internet connection and an email that didin't restrict the atachment size so much that I can't even send one full resolution pic. :rolleyes:
Great turnout, though I don't think my boss believed I was "sick" when I came into work today with a sunburn that matched my AutoZone shirt! lol! Oh well it was sure worth it!
SC Ya,
Greg Roll

We could put the car on milk cartons?

congrats Dan!!!

Guess I'll be the last... big congrats Dan!!!....sorry I had to leave before the awards gonna get this ole back taken care of and start enjoying life again soon:D ....
Rick:cool:

Thanks a bunch to all you guys and gals...Fellas, it was a good day to be a SC'er, and you all made it worthwhile. You really are cool people.

Rick, I am thinking of you right now and hoping you get your health back in order, I hope it doesn't demand surgery, but if it does, the doctors are wizards today, have faith. I thought it was amazing you coming out considering the pain you're in. Thumbs up to you.

Kurt, with 8 kids, you need to start stockpiling SC's NOW. It might be a good idea to have at least one become an ASE tech too. It was a nice lunchtime with you and the wifus, and the kids are AMAZINGLY well behaved. You got it down.

Jake, great talking with you, I think we'll see you in the mid 13's soon. I wish I had the chance to see you run. Move your town up here. :)

Flip; Thanks for letting Greg take a picture of your exhaust tips (you didn't know this I realize), but I want my tips like that and you are the poster child for it, so I can show my local shop. Also for helping me figure out why that car looked so familiar :)

TJ, hang in there with your car. Most all of us have been where you're at at one time or another, and it may take a year or 2, but if you love that car, keep it and wait till you can fix it. That day WILL come. Anyone with a T-Bird tatoo is committed for life anyway. (I should probably BE committed for it!)

Jeremy, same deal, they are finicky cars for sure, but we don't have enough blue ones around, we need you at the shows, good luck, let us know if we can help.

Bryan; I think your car is amazing, and easily has as nice paint as mine, it's just that ( as you probably know) white is the "Rodney Dangerfield " of colors, and sometimes gets overlooked because it doesn't reflect like black or dark colors. But you clearly have it going on and your day will come too. BTW-Teri says she never thought she'd meet someone worse than me with pickyness. You are hardcore dude, my hat's off to ya. Thanks again to Cindy for being up there and grabbing the trophy for me, - that's how confident I was, lol. Kudos to Glenn for his trophy too, you guys take amazing care of your cars, and meeting your dad I see it runs in the family. I will keep that tranny for you, no hurry to get here.

Greg, I know we'd be spending too much time together if you lived closer, you are one cool dude. Your powdercoat work is exemplary. Thanks a ton for taking photograpic evidence of the day for everyone. Nice quality pics too, and I've only seen a few, and I appreciate you sending the CD more than I can say.

Jerry, sorry about the "feathering". I'm in your debt for the touch up paint. That bird clearly had a gripe with mine. Nice meeting you and your girl.

RJ, you da man. I wouldn't have liked to seen the aftermath of you losing your temper on that guy that got in your face, because dude, you aren't a small guy, and I have no doubt you'd put a hurtin' on anyone if you wanted to. It's a testiment to your good nature that restrained you. You really are one of the nicest, most helpful people I've ever come across in SCCoA, maybe the most, and it's been many years for me as you know.

Man...if I left anyone out I'm SERIOUSLY sorry, because i'm running through the lineup of cars and think I got you all. If not, you can throw darts at me next meet. I'll wear kevlar.

Oh yeah...

JJ, Missed you dude. But we'll catch up next time I hope.

John Machen; ditto.

Brad Klein; double ditto

Kevin...Do Dee Doo..where are you? Haven't seen nor heard from you in maybe the longest time since I've known you, give me a ring if you see this, hope you're ok.

Pete, GET THAT DAMN TRANNY IN WILL YA!!!

Bob P. SCya at dinner.

Steve E. See what you gave up? J/K dude, you're probably really relieved after this thread.

Kurt K; you wuss... didn't want to drive 20 hours to get down here. Shame on you. Hell, I drove up to St. Louis last week just for dinner.

Victor; man, we all wish you'd have stopped by!

Brad M; Thanks for stopping by, you go boyee. Jake will run with ya , he'll just have to spend a bit more to do it.

Mike Yates; A few of us were looking for you. Stop in here sometime and let us know what you're up to.

George Davenport; Thank you for not being there and parking next to me.

Rodney Dangerfield; Get some respect ok? Make a movie about SC's. (eh..on second though, maybe not the best car to earn respect with unfortunately, we just know something everyone else doesn't)

Mr. Bird; You zigged when you should have zagged. Bummer, hope it was quick and painless.

The guy in RJ's face; You're one brave dude.

Me; " dammit, I have a swirl in the hood!" Get over it Dan :p

P.S. May be edited for anyone I forgot

Attachments

• ed\'s- camera-sc1.jpg
    ed\'s- camera-sc1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
TJ, hang in there with your car. Most all of us have been where you're at at one time or another, and it may take a year or 2, but if you love that car, keep it and wait till you can fix it. That day WILL come. Anyone with a T-Bird tatoo is committed for life anyway. (I should probably BE committed for it!)

Thanks, Dan.

I'm starting to have weird dreams about driving her again. I'm most likely going to keep her, and I'm hoping she'll be running again within a few months. A few of the guys inspired me to just buy a set of tools and dig right in. I've been doing some pricing, and since I did end up getting that new job, I figure within a month or two I can start, maybe get a little bit of extras, like some more exhaust work and/or "The Ripper". It really comes down to the workplace, but once I have a little nest egg to buy the parts, it's just a matter of time. I'm moving come August, so I may have a driveway, maybe if I'm lucky a garage. Right now, I just don't have any where to keep an extra car, or an extra engine, let alone tools.

I'm just fotrunate there are people like you guys out there who are willing to help a young guy like myself with a lot of heart and dedication, just not the experience. Most people in any given car club would have given me the finger.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
TJ, it sounds like your move will be a step in the right direction, you definitely need a garage to even consider tackling something major like that. I'm going to post about a "SC wrenching day" soon, so maybe if we get that going yours can be a future candidate.

Hey Dan,
when and why did you paint thoes flowers on the door of your car?!? LOL J/K (great reflection pic!)
TJ, if you plan on tearing into the SC let me know, I only live a few blocks away and will be more than happy to give you a hand with it and bring some tools over to get things going.
Congrats on the job, that's someting you will definately need to help support your SC addiction. That's why I got a job at an auto parts store, so they can pay me in parts instead! This week I'm working for a new power steering pump and hoses!
Hey Rick,
I tried emailing you a few times but must have an outdated email addy from the SCCoF website. I wanted to than you for the generous gesture of giving me that Type F fluid at the fist sign of a whining P/S pump. That gesture goes to show you that there are so many nice people in the club, I had never in my life met you before and you were watching out for me, thank you!
I'm glad to see you've decided to keep the SC, it's a beauty, and I'm not just saying that because it matches mine minus the leather interior! I hope your back improves and you can make some more meets in the future, thanks for comming out to the show. P.S. I checked my fluid before I left and it was still full so I think it's just time for a new pump.
Hope to see you guys at the next meet soon!
SC Ya,
Greg Roll

This should be Dan with his trophy.
My family and I also had a great time!
I think quite a few people to a good look at our group. They almost had to for a break from all the Mustangs.
I still didn't get to meet and talk to everyone, maybe next time.

I was thinking on the way home that if we keep having good turnouts like this it would be cool to have a small banner to put up by our cars with SCCOF or something to be just a little more visible that we are all in one group. I'd be willing to pitch in a few bucks and/or look into getting it done if you guys are interested.

Kurt

Attachments

• dantrophy.jpg
    dantrophy.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 72
Had a great time!!

Thanks to RJ for letting me know about the show and inviting me to go (even as I have a 4.6..LOL) the guys that I meet from the sccoa club are really good guys.

Hope to hang around more....and who knows I may even find me a cool SC to make as my own...that would make me 3 mn12's.

Congrats to Dan, your tbird looks great........with feathers or without..LOL

Later

Last edited:
Back