Got my Lightning IC today! IT FITS!!!!!!!

V6Sprout

DAMN this thing is HUGE!!! But from the measuremetns i got before hand the IC appeared to be about 1/2 ich too long to fit in the V6 block, well gues what, it FITS!!!! Even better is it fits in my custom lower intake TUB I made too, barely fits but it fits. Now the only major problem is the HEIGHT, this damn IC is 5 inches tall. then the intake on top of that, then the blower, then the lightnigns have the intake on top the blower, with all that the motor is DAMN TALL. I put the parts all on, and used a spare SC blower to get a rough estimate, then pictured the lighting intake on top the blower, and WOW now thats tall.

I bet the 03 Cobra blower adn IC would be better, as the cooling lines enter the IC at the front not the top like the lightning, this allows the cobra blower intake to enter at the rear of the blower instead of thetop like the lightning, so this will save about 2-3 inches, then if I can cut the IC in half so its not as tall that will shave another 2-3 inches, for a total of about 4-6 inches, which will make it JUST fit under a cowl hood I bet.

Since the IC I got is already leaking I don't mind cutting it up to see if I can shorten its height, once I see if that works I can try and find a cobra IC and blower ( yeah right $$$) and see if that works. But at leat the IC is not too long, I KNEW IT WOULD FIT, but people kept saying it wouldn't, then the measurements I got were wrong, so I WS RIGHT!!!!! It wil fit. :headbang:

NOw to make the rest work.

I'll try adn get some pics as soon as I can, gotta scam my sisters camera again, hahaha

Back