PDA

View Full Version : cd player problem

xizor
02-22-2004, 04:07 PM
My SC still has everything stock for audio stuff (JBL with sub and amps) and now the cd player (main unit on top with cd player at the botom) only eject the cd. I mean that when I insert a cd it will spin for about 2 to 4 second (I've open it to see it) and then it stop and after like 5 sec it will eject the cd. I've open the thing and everything seems "ok" (Am usually good with this stuff) I was wondering if any of you know the fix for this ??

I guess I will probably have to replace everything if I want cd again. I've read a lot of post regarding cd player and everyone seems to recommand to change to something new. I already have a complte sound system from my other car that I kept when I sold it but I'd prefer to keep everything original with my sc.

well any comment/advise would be nice ...
thanks for your time.
xizor

-------------
sorry if my english is poor, its not my primary language.

HSKR
02-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by xizor
My SC still has everything stock for audio stuff (JBL with sub and amps) and now the cd player (main unit on top with cd player at the botom) only eject the cd. I mean that when I insert a cd it will spin for about 2 to 4 second (I've open it to see it) and then it stop and after like 5 sec it will eject the cd. I've open the thing and everything seems "ok" (Am usually good with this stuff) I was wondering if any of you know the fix for this ??

I guess I will probably have to replace everything if I want cd again. I've read a lot of post regarding cd player and everyone seems to recommand to change to something new. I already have a complte sound system from my other car that I kept when I sold it but I'd prefer to keep everything original with my sc.

well any comment/advise would be nice ...
thanks for your time.
xizor

-------------
sorry if my english is poor, its not my primary language.

Sounds like maybe the laser isn't reading the CD and thinks it's not the right type. Might need to change or at least try to clean the laser.

xizor
02-22-2004, 05:29 PM
I did try to clean it ... no success there ...