Spring Daytona Beach Car Show & Swap Meet

onequiksc

Well, here's the info and registration form, I'll do it if there are enough interested people. I will admit, it's not "cheap" at $25 (pre-registration) or $30 after March 15, so this may be an impediment to some. If that is the case, I am up for a SC meet outside of the event, and we could all just hang out together and go inside and tour the show /swap meet as a group. I'm up for anything really. I will also put anyone in need up at my home overnight if need be, for anyone with a long drive.

http://www.daytonabeachcarshows.com/springdex.html

It's on the infield of the Daytona Speedway BTW. I always go to the show/swap meet, but I've never entered my car before, so maybe we can make this a first for many of us. As long as we can have a get-together of some type, inside the show or outside, it's all good. :)

RJ, sticky away.

Last edited:
$25, I'm game if you are Dan, for what you seem to get and it's on the infield, and the entry just to walk around is $10 a day... That $25 is both day of showing, entry, a dash plaque and picture, probably on infield of the Daytona speedway.... Yea, I'm in!!

RJ..

Along that vein!!!!

I can't thank you guys enough for your concern it's because of you that the wife has decided it's ok for me to keep my SC:D :D :D :D :D ...as a thanks I'd like to invite all to my home in lake county for a boat ride on the chain of lakes and brunch for all at the lakeside inn in Mt. Dora. I have a really large yard we can fit all the SC's into and I'm right on the water so when the weather warms we would love to have you...this means you too Jeremy...push it if you have too:rolleyes: If you guys are interested just let me know and I'll work out any details with Rich...if thats ok with you Rich.....
Many Many thanks Rick :cool:

Rick, that's super news! Maybe things will go from bad to good for you this year, I sure hope so.

As far as your offer, me and the wifus are in! Give us some advance notice and we're there. Cheers. :)

Does anybody know what procedure is: Do we show for all three days? Do you take your car out each night or do you have the leave it staged? (Which means you would have to bring a second car) Looked on the web site but did not find anything about it, will call tomorrow during the day. It sounds like fun, not sure if I what to spend three days doing it. Would like to go to the swap meet!!!:D

Flip, I would likely do 1 full day myself, it's enough. The way it worked with the Turkey Run (held there also) was some people left their cars (the Speedway provides security) and others drove them in/out. I'll *assume* it's the same way for this.

Cool, I'm in for a day at least maybe two if we spend the night over there somewhere. :D

Well, i'm up for Saturday the 20th at least, that works best for me. I'd entertain Sunday too if a few others want to. I'll go ahead and pre-register this week then.
Flip, (or anyone else) if you do want to stay in town that night, I can put a few people up. I have a spare room with a Queen, and 2 couches. I do live by the Florida East Coast railroad, so there is a catch (not very loud in the house FWIW).

If we get enough interested, maybe we can do dinner that night and cruise somewhere too (I know a few good choices for a nice scenic cruise).

Ok Dan!

Then it's a date:D I'll get with you and Rich to see when a good time would be for all then post a new thread...Like I said I have plenty of room to park in my yard and I'm on the water so we can take the pontoon boat cruise the chain of lakes and have brunch at Lakeside Inn in Mt. Dora....
Rick:cool:

Re: Ok Dan!

Sweet90SC said:
Then it's a date:D I'll get with you and Rich to see when a good time would be for all then post a new thread...Like I said I have plenty of room to park in my yard and I'm on the water so we can take the pontoon boat cruise the chain of lakes and have brunch at Lakeside Inn in Mt. Dora....

You post the thread Rick and I'll sticky it at the top for everyone... BTW I'm in, as long as the better half isn't on call then she'll be there too...

RJ

Count me in for the 20th at Daytona:D I always go to the Turkey Rod Run and the Spring Car Show. I've never shown a car there but my brother has in the past. You can show for a single day or all three. A single day is about all I can handle at a show. Lets plan on spending the day there as a group and maybe dinner afterwards.

Bryan

Last edited:
Sounds good for the day and dinner if we can get it together, I'm sending mine in tomorrow.:D

ok Rich

I'll go ahead and post a thread but we can come to a date that will work for everyone I don't wanna do it on another event weekend....we will deffinitly work around the Misses work schedule....

How far is St. Augustine from the track? I haven't been to Daytona in a few years...

Can one of you guys recommend a hotel/b&b that's within 30 minutes drive of the show but won't get me in the middle of Spring Break (still a big deal in Daytona?) or break the bank?

doodaa....

Well, you're welcome to crash at my house, Peter Dennis (if he comes up as planned) will be there but I have some room. I understand if you're not comfortable with that, being we've never met, so barring that option, there are plenty of large and small hotels in the area, and away from the bulk of the spring breakers. There's a Comfort Inn here in Ormond that is right off the Interstate and about 15-20 minutes to the show. It *looks* like a decently clean place, truckers do stop there, so it must be reasonable. It's not real upscale, just clean and basic. You can find out more through Google if you punch the hotel name and town in, get rates etc. .

There are others near me too, but a few are newer and more upscale $$$. Sleep Inn is the one I'm thinking of there off exit 268 in Ormond Beach, very nice but likely more money, although i'm certainly not positive of that, just guessing. If you do decide to hit a hotel/motel, check out Ormond Beach, and Port Orange areas for them, as they are both a bit away from the main spring break activity.

I have no problem putting people on my couches in a pinch though. Cheers.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer and the help. I'm a little too old and a lot too fat to be crashing on couches anymore, king size bed is more my style. Old farts need our sleep you know. ;)

I'll check those areas you mention. Is there a Courtyard or Residence Inn nearby and north of Daytona? Sometimes you can get killer rates on weekend nights....

Last edited:
Looks like Comfort Inn Interstate it is... $46 for a king bed.

How much driving am I looking at? any "helpful hints" on getting to/from the show would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back