no more meets for me

TbirdSC93

I think I may have to stop coming to these meets because everytime something happens to my car.

This time the tranny is starting to slip thru all the gears, I checked the oil and it seemed high so Im gonna drain some oil and change the filter to see if that helps. All this from a tranny thats less than a year old with about 8k on it. Thank god its still covered under warranty but Ill still have to go with out it for a while...Ill keep you guys updated

Jeremy V

I got home ok I was just pissed off the whole way....hard to pass slow pokes when OD would slip when I pushed the gas to hard....

Also, check the throttle valve cable. It may need adjustment or the grommet on the engine bracket may have come out or broke. That's what happened right after I bought mine. I saw that the grommet had broken but I thought it was just a kickdown linkage like on the old cars, so I just put it back on with a cotter pin. Thankfully I was able to get my trans rebuilt for $400 with a new torque converter.

Kurt

I changed the filter this morning, (I have a seperate tranny filter, 5 min of work) Now the thing shifts normal again but OD is very weak so I think the OD band is pretty much shot..so she still has to go back to the shop

Oh,no

I hope it wasn't from me showing you how to shift on the track! Not sure what this means but my friend at the track that night told me there was some water dripping out of your tail pipe when we lined up together. Just lettin ya know to look for that.

I dont think i did the manual shifting all that much anyways....as for the water im not sure?>??? I see new cars dripping water all the time tho....

I think it might have been from you going through the water box and spinning to heat the tires up.

Do you have a shift kit or did you do the 1-D-1 shift? Going thru the water shouldn't hurt anything, but generally is not of any benefit unless you have slicks, just uses up your tires. I could be wrong, did you hook up better?

Kurt

I didnt go thru the water box but I spun the tires a bit just to get debris any left over water off. I only did the 1-D-1 around town just to play with it, never did it at the track

Back