Car won't start under its own power

PearlBird

Last night I get in my car, a 95 sc auto, drive to the store for some chips, get back in the car and try to crank it. There is nothing......I turn the key all the way back and no accessories come on, like my radio. So I turn my steering wheel and push in on the key and after a while of pushing and truning it starts. I get up this morning to Go to school, turn the key, and nothing....try the truning of the steering wheel and all that and still nothing, so I get a set of jumper cables and another cahrged battery and jump the car off that battery, but it took like 30 seconds of starting to actually crank up. I drive the car for like 20 minutes just to make sure my battery is charged, I get to school and aturn the car off. I thne try to crank it again and there is nothing......what could it be?

i know it sounds obvious but its probably that your battery posts have some corrosion on them. just to be sure thats not it, i would get a post bush and clean them up and try it again. ill bet that gets rid of your problem.

Could be your ignition switch, or a relay, or a battery.

If you turn the key to ON and the dash lights don't come on, or the radio doesn't come on. Yet your dome lights come on when you open the door, then I'd be looking hard at the ignition switch.

If you get dash lights, but just no crank, you could have a bad relay.

Back